Chapter 7

I was sitting on my couch watching a movie when my phone rang, I saw that it was Sofia calling me. I picked it up smiling. "Hey Sofia"

"Heyy Liv, how are you?"

"I'm good, what's up?"

"I was just here thinking that we should meet up, are you free later?".

"Uhh, yeah I'm free, what do you have in mind?"

"You wanna meet up at happy's bar?  it's not far from where I saw you"

"Yeah I know the place but I'm broke"

"Don't worry it's on me"

Nodding, I said "What time exactly?"

"How about in an hour?"

"Sure no problem see you then"

"Cool".

I couldn't help but smile as I ended the call with Sofia. It had been a while since I went out to just have a drink and have fun. I was so busy stressing out trying to find a job and I probably had gray hairs growing in places they shouldn't be, I grimaced at the thought.

I quickly turned off the movie on my TV and got up from the couch, to get ready for our meetup at Happy's bar.

As I rummaged through my suitcase with limited clothes I tried to find something suitable to wear, my mind raced with excitement as I picked out a casual yet stylish outfit, not wanting to overdress but also not underdoing  it. A quick shower, some light makeup, and a touch of my favorite perfume had me feeling ready for the evening.

With time to spare, I decided to tidy up my living room, making sure my apartment was in order. I glanced at myself in the mirror one last time, a sense of anticipation building as I imagined the fun evening ahead.

An hour later, I was out the door, heading to Happy's bar with a spring in my step, totally forgetting about the  interview I had earlier. The call from Sofia had brightened my day, and I was looking forward to a night of laughter, catching up, and perhaps a few drinks, all thanks to my thoughtful friend that I now had.

I arrived at Happy's bar, and as I walked in I spotted Sofia sitting at a cozy corner table, a welcoming smile on her face. The atmosphere in the bar was lively, with the chatter of patrons and the soft murmur of music in the background.

Sofia waved at me to come over, "Hey," Sofia greeted with a warm hug. "I'm so glad you could make it."

I returned the hug, feeling the warmth of our new friendship. "Thanks for inviting me, Sofia. I really needed this."

"No problem".

We spent the evening chatting, sharing stories, and getting to know each other. Sofia was amazing and it felt like I knew her all my life. The drinks flowed, and laughter filled the air and I was thankful for this gathering, a much-needed escape from the routine of my life. I really needed to just get away and take a breath to calm down.

As the night went on, Sofia reached for the check, insisting on covering it as she had promised earlier. I smiled sadly as I remembered the situation I was in but a part of me still had hope, I just needed Forest enterprise to come through for me.

Sofia looked at me and softened her gaze at me as she placed her hand on mine. "Hey are you okay?", she asked.

She looked at me with the softest gaze I've ever seen. I only just noticed how beautiful she actually was. Her green eyes looked like the darkest parts of a cold Forest under the light and her pale skin shone beautifully.  Her plump lips pursed together softly as she said something. What was she saying? It was like she was talking but no words were coming out, it was then that I realized how blurry everyone had become.

"Olivia!"Sofia calling snapped me out of my weird day dream. Shaking my head trying to get rid of the buzzing  I tried getting up to leave but Sofia stopped me. "Hey, I think someone had a little bit too much to drink. How about you sit down for a bit longer, hmm?"

I followed her command as I sat back down and took a bottle she then handed me.  "Now what were you saying?"

I stared at her confused then I remembered "oh yeah I was just kind of down right now because you know I'm broke and I don't have a job and my landlord is probably going to kick me out when I don't give him his money next week. "

"Oh my Olivia, can't your parents help you out?, you didn't mention them earlier"

I glared at her "look Sofia this was great but I think I should go now"

Sofia suddenly looked confused "Did I say something wrong? if I did I'm truly sorry"

"It's nothing, I'm just messed  up, it's not you trust me. The good thing  though is that I did an interview at Forest enterprise so hopefully I get it", I said yawning.

"Ohh Forest enterprise, I know that company. They specialize in various aspects of environmental and natural resource management. They are involved in activities such as sustainable forestry, wildlife conservation, and land management. Right?"

"Yep that's right"

"Anyways, I think that's enough for tonight . Text you later?"

" Yeah, that sounds great"

I  left the bar, feeling a bit tipsy but better. I had totally enjoyed my night and was ready to curl up in my bed and sleep.

I was about to head inside when I saw Sebastian smoking outside. He didn't seem to see me yet so I decided to startle him "polluting the environment are you now?, didn't take you for a smoker.

Totally unfazed he just laughed "well now you know". He didn't turn to me as he blew out a puff of smoke. "You want?"he asked, finally turning in my direction.

Staring  at his outstretched hand  I wondered if I should even continue this conversation but  after a second I gave in and took the cigarette from him. We sat down at his door in silence as we savored the moment. 

"Why did you fix my lock?"I asked the question that was itching my mind.

He didn't say anything for a while as he stared into space "I wanted to apologize for the other day, I crossed your boundaries and I'm sorry."

I turned to look at him, but he didn't turn to look at me. There was something different about him I could see it , it's like something happened. He almost looked kind of sad but I decided not to ask and just nodded.

"I'm not going to say it was okay because it wasn't but I accept your apology and thank you for fixing my handle. "

He didn't answer as he took the cigarette and placed it between his lips.

"So Sebastian huh?"I  said, trying to break the awkward silence.

Smiling he answered "yeah", as he finally turned around to look at me.