Chapter 16

The blast of my alarm woke me up letting me know I'm alive to see a next next day. I rolled over groaning to turn off the alarm and sat up on the bed staring out of space for a good five minutes.

After I finished I peeked through the window and smiled. I then got up, stretched and went to the bathroom to start my morning routine. It was now 5 am and I had to get to work buy 8.

I did my business, brushed my teeth and did my hair.  I currently had in braids so all I did was my edges and added some mousse to my hair to refresh it. I then wrapped my hair so it would stay.

I checked the time and saw that it was just 5:15 am. Time to get some food I thought.

I went to the kitchen and started making something to eat so I put the pot on fire and as I waited for it to heat up I grabbed my phone and decided to put on some music.

"Smooth like butter, like a criminal under cover, hot like summer, yeah you making me sweat like that"

I grabbed a spoon using it as my mircophone and continued singing. I made breakfast as I sang and danced around the kitchen. Not having a care in the world.

I was happy, my life was good, I had a good job, good friends and a guy. I suddenly started blushing as I thought about Sebastian.

We have been close for a while now. I wonder if I should ask him to be with me. That would be probably be weird. Crap!, what if he doesn't even like me that way and all the flirting was just him missing around?.

I sat down about to eat as I tried to shake away the negative thoughts. I made an omlete and some ginger tea, I really love tea, with bread and I was about to take a bite when a ping alerted me that I had received a notification.

Good morning Liv, hope you have a good day today see you later❤

~Sebastian.

Okay there's no way I'm that delustional, he clearly has something for me. I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend. Woah that sounded weird I thought as I smiled.

I bit down on my lip trying to decide what to text back but just decided to send

"Good morning, thanks and hope you have a good day too"❤
~Liv

He must be off to work right now. Gosh I hope he doesn't reject me because I cannot afford to get rejected today. I finished my breakfast then went to have a shower and did some light makeup. I quickly got dressed and head out the door.

I went to the bus stop trying to get a taxi because well I can't afford a car as yet but I'm saving to get to one so I don't have to wait on a bus or taxi everyday.

I stood for a good 15 minutes before I finally got drive. I checked the time as I reached at work. Right on time I thought.

I went to the entrance and showed my I.D before entering the premises. It still amazes me how huge this place is.

It was five floors tall, with intricate designs on the outside and in. The modern architectural marvel stands proudly at the heart of the city. Its exterior is a symphony of steel, concrete, and glass.

The front of the building, spanning from the ground to the fifth floor, is entirely constructed of sleek, transparent glass panels, which reflect the cityscape during the day and emit a warm, inviting glow at night that shone beautifully.

Maybe one day I'll start a business of my own. I've always wanted to start one but my life has been one crap after the other.

I went in the elevator and pressed the floor I worked on. It was the fifth floor where the ceo worked. I am the person you see before you see him.