Chapter 8

It was now 10 Pm and Sebastian and I were still sitting at his door talking about the most random stuff.

Apparently he owned 5 cats and 5 dogs. To say I was shocked was an understatement. He definitely does not look like the type of person to have so many animals.

"You should have seen his face when he realized that one of my dogs shit on his shoes", Sebastian said, barely breathing as he laughed hard.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter while clutching my stomach, hoping it would alleviate the cramps.

"No way, so what did you do?", I asked in between laughs.

Sebastian gasped as he tried to catch his breath and wiped away a tear that was now rolling down his cheek. "I took one look at the shoe and one look at him grabbed Lex and ran for the hills"

I gasped as I hit him "you didn't"

He looked at me smirking "oh yes I did, to be fair he deserved it after he nearly ran over Lex then refused to apologize saying it wasn't his fault when it was clearly his fault.

He was an asshole and I don't regret a thing. I just went home and gave Lex a big treat for being such a smart dog"

We looked at each other for a second or two before we burst out laughing again

"I bet he had a great day"

"I bet"

I was about to say something when I heard a door burst open behind me " if you too love birds are done laughing I would like to get some sleep, yall aren't the only ones in this building you know", Hailey our neighbor said looking annoyed in her sponge bob pajamas.

"Nice pjs hailey", Sebastian said smirking.

"Ughh talk to your man before my fist does it for you", Hailey said looking at me. But before I could say that he wasn't my man she went back in and slammed the door.

"What is her problem?"

I looked at him knowingly, "You're a troublemaker, you know that?"

He only shrugged coming closer to me "oh really"

"Yes", I said as my heart started beating faster. The closer he came the faster it started beating. "W-a What-t are you doing?"

He came closer until he was directly right in front of me and I could feel the heat of his breath on my face. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"I-", I was about to speak when my phone started ringing, I gulped as I quickly answered the call. "Hello this is John King calling from Forest Enterprise, is this Olivia Hunter?"

Confused I looked down at the phone then put it back at my ear "Yes this is she"

"Okay good, I hope I didn't bother you by calling you at this time but our customer service team works twenty four seven and we were instructed to make the call as soon as possible.

We had an emergency meeting today to finalize our decision, and it took longer than anticipated. We also encountered some technical issues with our communication system, which delayed our notifications to candidates."

"No, no, it's not a problem at all, I was just umm watching TV", I said as I looked at Sebastian who was now staring at me curiously.

"Good to hear, right so we know you had an interview the other day and
we want to express our sincere gratitude for your interest in our company and the time you invested in the recent interview.

It's evident that you have impressive qualifications and experience, which made our decision particularly challenging.

After careful consideration, we've chosen another candidate for the position. While your qualifications were highly regarded, we had to make a difficult choice based on the specific requirements of the role.

We want to emphasize that this decision is not a reflection of your abilities or potential, but rather a result of our specific needs at this time.

We understand how disappointing this news can be, and we genuinely appreciate your understanding. If you'd like, we can provide more specific feedback about the decision and areas where you excelled during the interview.

We hope that you find a rewarding opportunity that aligns with your career goals, and we wish you all the best in your job sear-."

My ears started ringing as the phone slipped out of my hand and my eyes started filling with tears as I tried to make sense of what I just heard.  I didn't get the job. Why does this always happen to me, why me?, why?.

I didn't even realize that Sebastian took the phone and hung up the call. "Olivia what happened, are you okay?"he asked, looking at me like he was worried.

"No, no, leave me alone", I muttered.

"What's wrong, come on tell me", he said trying to hold my hand but I pulled away from him.

"No you need to get it through your thick skull that I don't like you, we are not a thing.

I don't even know you, so stop trying to get with me because it's never gonna happen okay. Are you that desperate for female attention?. You're pathetic, just leave me alone.", I shouted as I got up and took my phone, ran to my door, quickly opened it, went inside and started breaking down, not sparing Sebastian a glance."

I could hear Sebastian knocking on the door, telling me to open up but I refused to listen. I fell in my bed and cried and cried until I fell asleep, hoping that this was all a dream.

Remember to vote an comment.