Chapter 3

"Okay so I'm thinking that I should wear a dress but I don't know if I should, it's probably too much for the movies right?"

"Yeah true but what if he plans to take you home after", I answered teasingly.

Ashley gasped in embarrassment, if her skin tone was light her cheeks would be a bright red right now. But her dark skin prevented such.

I always envied how flawless her skin was, the girl never had a pimple and her skin always looked cool like she just washed it. Whereas my dark brown skin felt like it was drenched in oil and acne was basically my best friend. We were both black but it was obvious who had the better features here.

"Hey you never know, I mean you are gorgeous, from your skin to your hazel eyes to your body. He would be a fool to not take you home."

"You know I'm not like that, I need a man who will treasure my purity. If he only wants sex what's the point? But I don't think he's like that. We have been friends for some time now and you could say I know him"

I rolled my eyes while taking up another slice of pizza. "Yeah that's what they all say until they seduce you into their bed then end up leaving you, men are trash Ash", I chuckled at my ryhming.

Ashley grabbed the pizza from my hand and took a huge bite "Not all men are trash you know you just haven't met the right one yet"

"Whatever helps you sleep better at night babe"

"You are so annoying", Ash answered, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah but you still love me", I said, sticking my tongue out at her.

"I'm just gonna stick with a tank top and jeans with a jacket"

"Sounds good enough but make sure you bring a condom too"

"Olivia!"

"Haha, just kidding"

I got up and went into the mini kitchen and saw that Ashley already packed away the groceries she bought me. How long had she been here before I came?.

I pushed away the thought as I got a bottle of water and went back into the living room where I saw Ash scrolling through her phone.

She looked up when she heard me coming and quickly put away her phone. "What's up?", I asked suspiciously.

"It's nothing, anyway I have some good news, Forest enterprise is Hiring"

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, they're looking for a receptionist. This is your chance".

I sat down beside her, getting this job would really help me out I would finally be able to pay rent and have money for food.  "Okay I'm in how do I apply?"

"I could drop off your resume for you"

"Yes, thank you, thank you", I said excitedly kissing her on the cheek.

I ran into my room and quickly grabbed Ashley's old laptap that she gave me and quickly edited my resume then ran down the road to an internet Cafe to print it and gave it to her.

She looked at it and nodded "I'll put in a good word for you and fingers crossed they'll call you back for an interview. "

"Thanks Ash I really don't know what I would do without you, you gave me food, money and clothes sometimes when you didn't have to.  Which I am
going to give back and before you protest don't.

I'm going to buy you something with my first check okay so don't even try to convince me otherwise. You were there when I had no one, I love you from the bottom of my heart Ash, I really do", I said getting emotional.

" Don't you dare cry or else I'm going to start crying and you know when I cry it's not pretty.", she said sniffing.

" You literally cannot be ugly no matter what you do", I cried.

"I love you too, okay okay I have to get home now"

I released her and wiped my eyes as I watched her leave. She really was my everything.  I was feeling kind of icky so I decided to take a shower then went to bed, praying that I got a call back for an interview.

I think we should all have a friend that has our back no matter what, don't you agree?

Remember to comment and drop a vote see ya next time✌️