Chapter 6

The morning sun streamed through my curtains, and I woke up with a sense of determination. It was the day of the interview, and I felt surprisingly calm, thanks to Ashley's support the previous evening.

I got out of bed, dressed in the professional outfit she had brought for me. The black skirt and white blouse fit perfectly, and I felt a renewed sense of confidence as I looked in the mirror.

Ashley arrived as promised, carrying a thermos of coffee and a few breakfast snacks. "To kickstart your big day!" she said with a smile.

I thanked her and we sat down, sharing a light breakfast together. As we chatted, Ashley encouraged me to stay positive and remember my strengths. She reminded me of all the hard work and determination I had put into this moment.

With our meal finished, we began a final review of some common interview questions and answers. Ashley acted as the interviewer, asking questions and providing constructive feedback on my responses. This practice helped me fine-tune my responses and boosted my confidence.

The good thing about where I'm going is that Ashley works there too so I got my bag, ensuring I had everything necessary and we headed to the interview location together.

In the waiting room, I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. Ashley gave me an encouraging pat on the back and waited with me until it was time to go in.

Finally, it was my turn. I walked into the interview room, greeted by a panel of interviewers, including Janet Howard. I felt ready, polished, and confident, just as Ashley had helped me become.

The interview went smoothly, and I answered questions with assurance. When it concluded, I walked out with a sense of accomplishment, knowing I had given it my best.

Ashley was waiting outside, her supportive smile welcoming me back. "You did it, Liv! I'm so proud of you!"

I couldn't help but feel grateful for Ashley's unwavering support. Her presence and encouragement had made all the difference in this crucial moment of my life.

As I  walked back home, I couldn't be certain of the outcome, but one thing was for sure - I had faced the interview with confidence and determination, thanks to Ashley's friendship and support.

When I reached home, I got something to eat, had a shower and basically scrolled through Social Media for the rest of the day. I know my life was really sad but hopefully I got the job and then I'll be able to go out and have an actual life.

Speaking of jobs, I forgot I had another interview tomorrow at that supermarket. All my documents were already in my bag so I just ironed another skirt and blouse Ashley left with me to prepare for tomorrow.

I smiled to myself knowingly, all I needed to have was just a bit of patience and everything would work out. I was in a good mood so I put some music on and danced around the house then put on a movie to watch. After which I went to bed ready to face the next day.

               <><><><><><><><><><>
The next morning rolled in and I did my business as usual and prepared for the interview. At exactly 2pm I was at the supermarket heading towards the manager's office. I was looking for Alex but I didn't see him so I just went where I was going.

I knocked until I heard her telling me to come in. "Ms. Olivia, please have a  seat, how are you today?". She said smiling.

She looked weird and suspicious smiling because she looked like someone that would eat me for breakfast the last time I was here so the fact that she looked so cheerful seemed odd but maybe it's finally my lucky day so I played along.

"I'm great, Ms Garvey I'm alive and well so I can't complain you know"

She only nodded and looked at me then cleared her throat and began speaking. "So there has been a recent change in events taking place here at Flying Dragon, you see the supermarket has been sold."

"What!"

"Please calm down Ms Olivia", she said looking annoyed.

"As I was saying, the supermarket has been sold and the new owner has their employees already so the position you are applying for has unfortunately been filled. I do apologize for the inconvenience but this was a sudden decision and it is out of my hands."

I was shocked beyond words. "Um-uh, what about the other workers here will they be fired?", I asked my mind, suddenly going to Alex.

Ms. Garvey raised her brows at me "Some of them will be fired, yes, is there anything else?".

"No"

"Okay have a good day and again I'm truly sorry, I wish you all the best on your journey to come."

I only nodded as I left her office, all hope wasn't lost I thought. I still had another job I could get into. I looked around trying to find Alex but couldn't 
find him.

I stopped a worker asking where Alex was but they only told me he wasn't here today.
I really hope they didn't fire him, I thought as I went home.  

Thanks for reading, remember to press that vote button and drop a comment or two.

Didn't really like these two Chapters but they were necessary. Anyways until next time✌️