6. OOPS!

SAGE

It was a welcome party/meeting in the conference room. There were snacks and drinks laying on the table and Hudson was at the door, standing in front to greet the newcomers, I think.

Dahlia, a colleague asked me if I could help her by carrying cupcakes into the room, I nodded enthusiastically at her.

Looking at the assorted cupcakes, my mouth watered.
Can I steal and take them to my cabin and fucking devour them alone?

Dropping the thought, I picked up the tray and walked towards the meeting room. I saw Jaz coming in with Sam. Okay that accelated.

I smiled at her and kept walking towards the room. Suddenly my legs were on different levels and I was pushed forward.
My heels fucking broke! Shit!

As I waited for the painful fall and laughter to come, it never did.
Wait... AM I ALREADY IN HELL? A MERE FALL AND I AM GONE?

Getting out of my head, I felt two strong, mind you, very strong arms around me. OOOHHH WHO IS THIS STRONG-YET-DELICOUS-ARMED MAN? CAN I TAKE HIM HOME AND BITE HIM?

I opened my eyes to find a broad chest in front of me. Didn't know hell had hot men to escort you to the punishment room...Heaven is unnecessarily overrated.

"Sage, are you alright? Can you stand?" Came a deep but cold voice from the delicious man. Why does he sound like that stupid toastie. I looked up to reply that I was okay, only to find Daniel holding me. I couldn't decipher anything at that moment. Has he always been this strong, handsome... and hot? What's this hard thing on my chest?

I looked down to find tray full of cupcakes squashed between my chest and Daniel's stomach.
Oh no, his probable Armani suit! Hehehe...*devil laugh*.

"Sage?" I looked at him again but this time it was annoyance in his eyes.
I wasn't dying either to be in your arms asshole.
"Fine, thanks Mr. Hudson." I said keeping my fake smile intact. I held the tray and carefully took a step back. He released me immediately and told his secretary to get him his other suit. After he excused himself, Jaz came running along my side, making sure I was in one piece.

"Sage, you okay? Are you hurt? Should we go to the hospital?" She asked with a frown on her forehead.
"Heyyy I am perfect. Look-" I took off my broken heels and twirled around, giving her a 360- degree view.
We both laughed and went to the restroom to get me clean.
Even though majority of cupcakes were on Daniel's suit, some got on me aswell.

When we came back to the meeting room, everybody was present there, including Hudson. Few of them asked me if I was okay while others gave me a pityful smile.
Great Sage, first day and you became the clumsy cupcake girl.
I sighed and waited for this stupid "party" to get over.

Daniel stood from his place and began his welcome speech. He looked pretty good in that suit, standing in his 6'4 glory, towering over people as if making them believe they could never be him. He looked at everyone announcing their names and giving them a tight smile.
When he addressed my name and looked at me, my heart beat fasten. He smiled at me and at last welcomed all of us once again.

_______________X____________X___________
I was back in my cabin and checked my mobile for any updates. I was in designing department while Jaz was in broker department. I knew we would not be seeing each other a lot after the job because of our schedules but we had worked hard for this job only. And anyways, we stayed in the same apartment, atleast I could sleep on her at night to make up for the day, right?
I smirked to myself.

Ding!
I felt my phone vibrate against my hand and unlocked it once again to see the notification. I had been added into 3 new groups -
Hudson Enterprises.
Designing dept. Hudson Enterprises.
Colleagues group.

The day ended in a daze and we left office around five to go home. I was super tired and wanted to lay in bed as soon as possible.
_________________________________________