15. FRIENDS.

SAGE GREEN

After Daniel kissed my cheek and left, I came into my room smiling. Suddenly my eyes met mine in the mirror and realization hit me hard. I had started liking Daniel. A little too much. I liked his touch, I liked him calling me baby, and I loved how we fit together while cuddling. I had never felt so peaceful in my life. 

But I can't like him. I can't. He's my boss. I need to maintain my work ethic. If people find us like that, then everybody's going to think I seduced him to give me my job. And I can't take a chance to fuck my job. I have dreamt of this since I was a little girl. I did not leave my hometown and my mother just to fuck my job. 

I have to let him go. I have forgiven him. I won't play any pranks with him. And I won't even look at him, because as soon as I do, my resolve will break and I'll again start laughing and playing with him. 

Of course, I can't be friends with him. The things I want to do to him, with him, do not support the word friendship between us. But, I'll have to lie to him, for the time being. Then, I'll tell him that we can be nothing. Fucking nothing. 

_________________________________________________

DANIEL HUDSON

"What did you call us?" I asked her gritting my teeth. She's testing my patience. 

"Friends. And boss and employee." She said non-chalantly still not looking in my eyes. 

"I heard it the first time. It was a rhetorical question. But why?" I said with anger evident in my voice.

"What, why? Aren't we friends outside? We went for coffee then you dropped me home yesterday. That's exactly what friends do." She replied shrugging her shoulders. 

"Really? So what friends pin you on the wall, call you baby, cuddle with you, rub your lips to lick them in their mouth, make you sit on their lap and look at you the way I do, because if they fucking do, I'd have to teach them a lesson." I said with dominace and anger clearly present in my voice. I tightened my hold on her waist and leaned towards her ear, "Tell me, Hell." There was no distance between us. 

"Sir-" As she was about to reply, a knock on the door disturbed us. Sage pushed me and straightened herself. I let her and kept staring at her. When her eyes met mine for a split second, I could see the arousal in them. Friends, my ass. 

I went back to my seat and said come in. Sage left hurriedly, as Sam came in. He reminded me of our meeting in 15 minutes.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I was going towards the meeting room, when I saw Sage and David Lukeson coming together, laughing. Sage kept her palm on his shoulder and patted him. Looks like Mr. Lukeson doesn't need his shoulder anymore. 

Calm down Daniel, maybe they're just talking you know. As collegues, as friends. Oh fuck no, not friends. If Sage considers me her fucking friend then that stupid David cannot be her friend. I'll kill him if he tries to be her "friend". 

I went in the meeting hall, and greeted my employees and straight away came to the point. 

"We have to go to Florida for our coming project, 'Skyline hotel'. We'd have a 2 week trip. I want you all to prepare a summary project in two days, before the trip day. You'll get the emails about your accomodation and flight details. Please do not let Hudson Enterprises down, we have bagged a great deal. I believe in my team, and I hope you do too. Thankyou, the meeting is dismissed." 

I left the room as I couldn't see Sage and David sitting together. I don't want to kill the guy but I'm just so fucking angry. Control Daniel, Breathe in and breathe out. 

_______________________________________________

REE- Heyy guys, we are continuing the story again. Keep reading please! 

God bless you,

Author.