8. BALLS.

SAGE
The jackass gave me his jacket. It smelled like him, manly and wild.
If only I could taste him. But no, my thoughts about him have taken a 180 degree. I still hate him, even more because he called me a slut.
Okay, not his exact words, but he told me to wear appropriate clothes. What does he mean by APPROPRIATE CLOTHES?!

When I told Jaz about the incident after reaching home, she told me I should have listened to his explanation because he's a good guy.
Yeah, Jaz is high.

I was too tired to argue with her, so I hugged her and went to my room to have atleast 6-hour goodnight sleep.
I checked my phone for the last time and noticed a notification from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Good evening, Sage.

SAGE: Who is this?

Reply came 3 minutes later.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Your boss.

SAGE: Yeah? In bed or what?

UNKNOWN NUMBER: You talk to strangers like that?

SAGE: No you fucker. I am trying to lure you in so that I can locate you and kick your ass myself.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: No need for that, Sage. Daniel this side. I just wanted to apologise for what I said, even though I didn't mean it like that. I meant to say that wear clothes with proper sewing and stitching. Well, that being said, goodnight.

SAGE: Oh Well, okay. Thankyou for the jacket. I am guessing you got my number from my resume or through groups. Anyways, night.

_________________________________________

Next morning, I got ready in my black pencil skirt, red bralette and black blazer. How could someone look this spicy. I let my hair down and wore delicate red sandals.

Reaching the office, I settled down and opened my planner. Hmm, we have a meeting in an hour, cool.

When I reached the meeting room, I saw people stealing glances at me. I mean I knew I was hot, the only thing I was insecure about was my height, but during my teenage years, I had gotten over it. Until Daniel started calling me shortie in school. Soon, everybody picked up on it and since Daniel had a quest to be different, he started calling me 'Hell'. That's what I am gonna bring to you, dear boss.

Wait...I hadn't thought of pranking him since last week. Well, better late than never. I'll make a plan soon.

I felt scorching and heated stare on my side. Turning around, I recognized them as Harry Smith and Jack Pattern. They were middle aged and looked like those who messaged teenage girls via Instagram sending them cheap messages and dick pictures.
But, I refuse to be intimidated. I was too busy to overthink their stares. It was free to look, but not to touch. Holding my head high, I sat on my seat which was beside Daniel.

Whoever the fuck planned the seating arrangement, You're gonna die.

Ignoring him to the fullest, I looked at the screen in front of me. It was about a new mall project. Team rolled on the screen-

Designing- Sage Green and David Lukeson.
Sales- Remi Harper and Gloria Vancouver.
Workers organize- Alex Seth and Harry Smith.
IT managers- Jack Pattern and Thomas William.
Brokers- Jasmine Adolph and Sam Kingston.
Team head- Daniel Hudson and John Hudson.

Daniel briefed us and gave us the deadline for our respective tasks. David and I had to submit our sketches in two weeks. Fuck, its gonna be a hard week. I smiled at David, got up and went out of the meeting room. I was on my way to my cabin when a hand held my wrist and pushed me into the corner.

My fight or flight instinct surfaced and goosebumps rose on my skin. "What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" I screamed. Instead of releasing me the guy who pushed me chuckled and replied, "Why complain, when you can enjoy it honey." The audacity... This deep voice, not the one I wish to hear, in fact far away from comforting, itched my skin. Stop thinking about your boss.

"I can file a complain against you Jack, you know that right?" I shouted at him, blood boiling inside my veins. "Oh, by all means do. John is just gonna brush it off." Jack Pattern smiled at me as if he had no care in the world. His hands rose from my wrists and touched my breasts and then dipped to my hips. I am going to kill him right here, right now!

I smiled and kneed Jack Pattern in the balls. "Then I hope you like pain with pleasure, Jacky." His hands went from me to his crotch and he groaned in pain. There you go, sucker! Then I walked to Daniel's office confidently. I knocked on the door and when he said "come in" I went inside.

My face must have discomfort written all over my face because as I went in, Daniel stood up and asked me what was wrong.

In one breathe I told him everything and at last, I added- "That's all, if you think I am lying, check CCTV footage and if you think it's my fault, fire me right now. Because, I am not sorry for kicking him in his fucking balls. He deserved it." I was looking at my sandals by the time I finished.
Daniel came near me and held onto my shoulders, forcing me to look at his face.

"I am sorry that the environment you work in isn't secured for you, and I definitely don't have to check the camera recordings because I believe you. I promise I am going to make Jack pay for it. And no you're not going to be fired for opting self defence. The one that should be fired is him, not you. Never you. I also promise that this is happening with you for the very last time. I'll make sure of it. " He whispered assuringly while holding my shoulders.

"Do you think it was because of the clothes I am wearing?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. I wasn't used to being vulnerable in front of people but the way he comforted me, my guards were forced to let down.

He held my chin between his forefinger and thumb and softly said, his cold office voice long gone, "What? Baby no. You can wear any fucking thing you want. They need to learn to keep their hands and stuff to themselves. I swear I didn't mean it that way, yesterday. You looking like a fucking goddess in your attire, and you are going to continue wearing this. Understood?" His voice equally soft and equally dominating made me feel things, I wasn't supposed to. Atleast, not for my boss.

I nodded, and looked at him with sheer warmth. A small smile splayed on my lips and he returned it with one of his own, that didn't seemed fake or office like. "Go to your cabin and work, I'll handle the fucker." He told me as his parting words.

I was touched...I hadn't had anybody who I could rely on, for so long. My eyes watered. I hadn't felt this guarded and warm since so long. I wanted to hug him but that would have made me cry even harder so instead I murmured a small thank you and left.
______________________________________________________________________