12. APOLOGIES.

SAGE GREEN

"I am glad you liked it. Hope it scratches the craving itch you were having?" Daniel asked as I devoured the chocolate greatness. UGH BEST THING IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. 

"Oh lord, it so did. Now I feel fulfilled and satiated." I replied not paying attention to anything other than my pastry. 

"Listen, Sage, I am very sorry for troubling you when we were young. I was attracted to you and didn't understand my feelings. Everybody was attracted to you as well. I didn't want to be like everybody else, so the stupid humiliation and pranks. I know I could've reasoned my feelings better. And I regret everything I ever did to you. Please forgive me if you can. If I could go back in time, I would've tried to never even cross paths with you, but that wouldn't be possible, because I would want to interact with you nevertheless. All in all, I mean to be sorry." Daniel held my hand and said those words to me in the softest voice possible.   

I melted. They were stupid pranks but they definitely hurt. On the other side, I was grateful to Daniel because he didn't let anyone else trouble me. Honestly, I wasn't mad about the pranks, as they say- "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." 

I made a wall around my heart. Even when people said things to me, I remained calm, speaking only when necessary. But him actually apologizing, made every childhood memory blur. It was only me, with chocolate around my mouth and him, holding my free hand. 

Could I forgive him? Could I be a bigger person? I wanted to forgive him. And I did. He didn't fire me from my dream job even after he recognized me, saved me from falling on my ass, gave me his blazer when I needed, and brought me here without me even telling him what I craved. I forgave him long ago. 

"I understand Daniel. It is not alright, but I have made peace with it. I would've liked you to sort your feelings out a different, civil way but whatever happened, happend. And honestly you're making up pretty nicely to me. So I might accept your apology sooner than accepted."  During the last part, I showed my pastry to him and smiled, genuinely. 

He smiled bigger than I had ever seen. "Thankyou baby, thankyou so much." And he kissed my palm multiple times. I get nervous when he touches me like that and comes close to me. 

To dicipate the tension, "Mmm, back to my question, do you call every woman with a nickname around you?" I don't know, why that thought made me feel nauseous. 

 He came ridiculously close to me, wiped my lower lips off the chocolate with his thumb and licked it. "The only woman I have ever been this close to is you, and well my mom." He breathed huskily near me. 

That's it, my hormones are kicking in. I am drooling, though it might be because of the chocolate, but who am I kidding, it was him. I look at him with wide eyes and close my mouth. 

I cleared my throat, "Wh-Why would I be jealous, and go-good for you. Some women, no offence, are trying to bag rich men, so uhh...yes stay away." I was stammering, in front of him, JUST WHYY?! He grinned and finished his black coffee with the leftover croissant.

"We should get going, what do you say hell? Do you want to get something packed? Cookies, wafers, anything?" Daniel asked. "Ugh, I'd like to but I don't want myself to bloat more." I replied, rubbing my already bloated tummy. 

"That's crazy, you look as small and thin to me. Wait, let me get you something, as an apology gift. Yeah?" Without hearing me, he went away.

 Was this man blind? I mean dude, look at me, my thighs, my tummy, my face, everything's just round. But anyways, I was proud of my curves and I couldn't care what everybody else thought. You liked what he said about you though, and also that he was only close to you. Shut up brain, not right now.

He came back with a cute little gift pack, and directed me towards his car. As we sat, he asked me of my address. Um, I am sorry but what the fuck?!

"Why do you want to know my address?" I questioned, perplexed. "To rob you, ofcourse." He joked. I gave him a side eye. "Not in the mood for puns, got it. Well I need your address to drop you home." He explained. 

"WHAT WHY, ARE YOU FIRING ME FOR THAT COFFEE PRANK? I MEANT NO HARM, JUST A FUN DAY. AND IF YOU WANTED TO FIRE ME YOU COULD HAVE DONE IT THEN AND THERE ONLY, WHY MAKE ME HAPPY AND FULL TO PULL THIS STUNT. I AM SORRY FOR PUTTING TOY FROG IN YOUR COFFEE OKAY?" I went berserk, I didn't want to leave my job. I worked hard for it and Jaz was also there. We were together all our life. And I kind of didn't like leaving Daniel alone. 

"Calm down, Hell. I meant, you're taking a half day today, and I want no arguments. And I'm flattered that you still remember, that I find frogs slimy and gross." He smirked at me, when he said the last statement. 

I turned my head to the other side to hide my smile. I remember that day when he was following me, in ninth grade, after history period, in the ground, when a frog croaked below us. I hopped over it to run, but Daniel stopped and made a disgusted, funny face, and walked the other way. 

I laughed out loud, coming down the memory lane. "What, What's so funny?" Daniel queried. 

"I just remebered that scene, when you made that disgusted face when we were young and you were following me." I wheezed out, still laughing in between.

Daniel chuckled too. "Such a crumbly child I was. I am sorry again Sage. Please forgive me."

We sobered and I kept my palm on his arm and whispered, "I will Daniel, stop apologizing. It's awkward having my boss say sorry to me." 

He frowned, "We are boss and employee only in office. Right now, we are on a da-...reconcile outing. Where I am making up to a person, I hurt enough. Understand?" He voiced in a low, raw tone.

Oh, how much I'd like that in bed...NO SAGE, BACK OFF!!

"So, you're address?" "Yeah, 54th avenue street, Midnight apartments." He nodded and we went on our merry way. Note the sarcasm.   

_______________________________________________________  

REE: Daniel is so cuteee... (not me falling in love with my own character) 

Anyways, if you liked it, please vote and comment. And follow me on Instagram:- Crooked_chips. 

God bless you, 

Author.