7. PANTRY.

SAGE

It had been a week since the coffee/cupcake incident and I had been doing my best to avoid Daniel at any cost. I wasn't embarrassed or something, I was just scared to grit out something stupid...like a fucking "thank you" for saving me that day. He didn't deserve my soft side, he's an asshole. If we would have been alone, I am sure he would have let me fall.

Jaz and I had been working our asses off since we joined last week and honestly, I had been enjoying it. I loved working and being busy. I don't know but it gave me a sense of superiority. I also went to my dancing studio like I did every other weekend to choreograph and teach my students. Dancing was my hobby. I loved hip-hop and it made me feel alive. When I was dancing, I was in heaven. Next week, I'd feel alive again, until then...

Coming out of my head, I walked towards the pantry. I was working on my sketches since morning when my stomach rumbled. Time to devour. I had seen Jameson fill the drawers with instant ramen and was excited to try one. I bent down to open the drawer and heard a screeching sound. Looks like somebody's clothes torn, anyways.

I picked up a hot chicken ramen and made my way to the stove. I waited for the water to boil and then I put the noodles into it. I was waiting for them to be cooked when I felt hot breath on my neck. I looked around to find those familiar whiskey eyes behind me, I jumped and collided with his strong chest.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" I screamed at him. "Me? What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you moving around wearing a torn skirt, Sage?" He asked me in the deep voice of his. "Listen Hudson, if it is one of those silly fucking pranks of yours, I am telling-" "You're wearing red lace underwear." He stated nonchalantly interrupting me.

Realization dawned upon me as I remembered wearing a red underwear in the morning. "FUCK FUCK SHIT OH NO! Why did I bend like that...oh god!" I whined. "Whom did you bend for, Sage?" Daniel asked me with anger in his eyes. Why was he angry? I should be the angry one. Wait...what is he even doing here?

"For ramen." I said very quietly. I embarassed myself in front of Daniel. Fuck, kill me now.I expected him to look disappointedly at me and I really couldn't care less. But when I tilted my head, I saw his chest rumble with laughter and his eyes crinkled. Fuck, even his laugh was hot and warm. Focus, Sage.

"Don't laugh at me and tell me what are you doing here, Mr. Hudson." I squinted my eyes at him. "You know you can call me Daniel when no one's around, Sage. And no, I am not following your every step. I just came here to get my coffee." He told me.

"Okay Daniel, thankyou for saving me from embarrasment today as well as the other day." I said very quietly. "You're welcome, Sage. What are you going to do now?" He asked with...what seemed like concern? "I could definitely go and give them all a show easily, but let's maintain the professionalism. Shall we? I am just gonna call David to help me, you can go and continue handling your big boy job. Thanks!" I turned around to see if my ramen was ready or not...ugh boil fast bitch.

I had made some friends here in my department as well. Actually, friendship came naturally to me. I was kind to those I liked and a bitch to those who deserved. Like the man who was still behind me.

DANIEL

Did she just say David was going to help her and what am I doing here, watching her cook her ramen like a 12-year old. She's such a hotheaded, sassy baby. But why is she letting another man help her and not me? Does she think I am going to prank her again? God, this woman.

I couldn't see her wrapped in another man's blazer or whatever. Not gonna reason it, but I just couldn't. I took off my blazer and made her wear it. She was so small, it reached her a little above her knees. She looked good in my clothes.

"Wear this, no need to call anybody. I am here to help my employees and wear appropriate clothes next time." I warned her in my cold tone that did nothing to melt her usual self. "Thank you Daniel, but I don't need your fucking jacket and these are not inappropriate clothes. Sometimes things happen that we don't wish for so excuse yourself and go away." She told me without turning around and shrugged my jacket on the floor. I realized that my words sounded so wrong and she thought I called her a whore.

"Listen Sage, I didn't mean it like tha-" I held her arm to turn her around so that I could explain what I meant, instead she jerked my hand away and shouted, "Get the fuck away Daniel, you said exactly what you meant. Men like you think that women are here to take your advantage. You're a fucking narcissisist. " She had tears in her eyes. I had made her cry.

Goodjob Daniel. That's how you were gonna make up to her, huh?

I picked my jacket up and put it on her shoulders. After giving her one glance, I left the pantry.

______________________________________________________________________________