Chapter 15

"Well, where we are currently," I was looking at the map.

"We're lost, aren't we?" Karlach asked.

"N-Not entirely," I said.

"We're lost," Astarion said.

"Look, no one is truly lost unless they have no clue where they are going. We at least have a clue on where we're going."

"Y/N, admit it, we're lost," Shadowheart said.

"I wouldn't call it lost. Maybe call it aimlessly wandering. Just taking in the sights. Taking the scenic route."

"Y/N!" Lae'zel growled at me. "We are lost and you know it!"

I let out a sigh, "Thanks for letting me try to be uplifting to everyone."

"You did your best, Y/N. That's all we could ever ask for," Halsin said.

"Thanks, Halsin."

"You did better than I could with reading a map," Karlach said.

"You mean to tell me Zariel didn't make you read your own map?"

"Nope. She just told me where I needed to go and I went."

"Where are we even trying to get to?" Astarion asked.

"Baldur's Gate," I said.

"Why the sudden urge to want to go there? I thought you were content with wandering around for a while," Shadowheart said.

"I was, but then," I looked over at Karlach. "After we visited Dammon a few days ago and he told us to meet him at Baldur's Gate, Karlach has had a fire up her ass to get there."

"I've always had a fire up my ass," Karlach said, her tail slightly flicking back and forth.

"Have you now?" I asked sarcastically.

"You know me, Y/N," Karlach chuckled.

"I actually don't," I said bluntly. "That's why we're starting to become friends so I can understand you more."

"Come now," Karlach reached over and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"KARLACH!" I yelled as there was a small fire appearing on my shoulder.

"Oh shit," Karlach said, removing her hand.

Shadowheart came over and put the fire out, healing the burn.

"You ok, Y/N? I-I forgot about that if I am going to be honest," Karlach said.

"I-I'm fine," I sighed. "Thank you, Shadowheart."

"No problem."

"Well, seems that's the reason we're going to Baldur's Gate," Gale said.

"Yeah. But as we're heading there, we need to find infernal iron."

"Is that why Karlach's bag is heavier than Halsin?" Astarion asked.

"Like you'd know how heavy I am," Halsin crossed his arms over his chest.

"I am just making an estimate based on how large you are," Astarion said. "Nothing bad about it, Halsin."

"Anyway, yes, that is why we are heading to Baldur's Gate so we can find Dammon and get Karlach the next necessary upgrade she needs to her engine," I said.

"I do hope he has found a way to cool me down. I'd give anything to touch anyone again. Even ol' Fangs over there."

"Did you just call me 'Fangs'?" Astarion whipped his head around so fast I thought his neck was going to snap.