By now, I don't need a fuckin' introduction

Out of town for a week, Manon looks forward to returning home to Jake and reacquainting herself with his willing body. Friends, life and wedding planning chaos gets in the way and keeps them apart longer than ever before and it affects her in a way neither expected.

Welcome to the chaotic sequel to Marked Me Like a Bloodstain! I hope you enjoy it and if you do, please, let me know by way of voting or leaving a comment. No pressure, you're free to do as you wish. Thank you.

The backbone of this sequel and Bloodstain was RubyRavenxxx ❤️ she has cheered me on, screamed at me, begged me and loved and hated with me throughout the telling of these stories. It's because of her that this sequel is being written. Her steadfast love of these characters helped me through so many difficult moments of writing and pushing through when it got lonely or hard. I can't thank her enough and the only way I know how is to tell you how incredibly talented, wonderful and beautiful she is! Seriously, check out her stories! I recommend Who Are You? And Love & Lies! You won't regret it.

Again, it's dual POV. The names are in bold when it changes.

Chapter title is from the song: Lilith by Halsey

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~

"If you'd let me -" Manon tried, but Chris cut her off.

"Don't even start, Corvin. I can't allow you to run around unchecked on every case. Hanson was an exception, and I'm positive another will arrive in the future, but until then, you behave. You follow the law. Any risky plans you come up with in that fucked up head of yours must be approved by me."

When she woke that day, she didn't expect to be fucked in the ass without any preparation or lube when she walked into this meeting. Yeah, she might have taken it a bit too far, and tackling her well-armed target in the middle of a packed shopping mall was not what Chris had in mind. But it worked. He was now locked away, awaiting trial.

"Just loosen the leash a little. That's all I'm asking." She returned, accepting his words but unwilling to leave without gaining something.

Chris sighed and appraised her as he twisted his pen in his hands, "Fine. On one condition."

She huffed but inclined her head, silently urging him to get on with it.

"If it could land you in jail, I don't want to know or hear about it until after you've been successful... or when I see you in court."

Her boss wasn't a boisterous joker, but he was sly and dry with his humor, and it twinkled in his pale eyes now as she grinned in triumph.

"Thank you, there won't be another Hanson case. It wasn't supposed to go that way." She swore and meant every word but crossed her fingers under the desk because her luck was not known to stay stable.