Tonight I'm gonna dance, for all that we've been through

A dancing lesson. Some banter and flirting, teasing. Manon treats Jake to a date night, and he surprises her with his skills. And it's not just his mouth or that other thing she loves that's got her all hot and bothered.

A/N: So, with this chapter we jump back in time a little! The last chapter was mere weeks before the wedding. This one is a few months before it. It's not a linear storyline! We will jump back and forth through time, catching up with things that happened in the lead up to wedding mayhem and then finally, the wedding itself. Jake will bury the last of his demons and Manon will return home to Pinella Pass to face her past with Jake by her side. That'll happen later on, though. I'll try to make it as clear as possible but if you're confused, please, please let me know! I want to fix it if it's not working right. Thank you.

Title is from the song: Holy Ground (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~

Three months before the wedding...

"Wait a second. Let's rewind a minute. You got Jake to agree to dance lessons?! How the hell did you pull that off?"

Manon snorted at Steve's incredulous tone, and her mind jumped back to the night she asked Jake to take the class with her. It had taken a lot, a lot of convincing. Her knees were bruised for a week, her jaw ached for days, and Jake wore a dazed expression for a good twenty-four hours. She suspected he hadn't truly realized what he agreed to until she was telling him what to wear and what time they were leaving earlier that day. Still, he said yes, he might have been cumming down her throat while he said it, but consent was consent, in her mind.

"Well, you see, I'm pretty mouthy, so it was actually -"

Steve interrupted, gagging down the line as he spat, "Mani, I love you, but if you finish that sentence, I'll have to go boil my head in bleach."

She laughed, shoving down a filthy stream of words that would make steam pour from his ears, she relented and said, "Fine, calm down. When will you all get here?"

She could hear Natalya cooing to little Elodie somewhere in the background, and she grinned, remembering the tot's cheeky hazel eyes and sunshine smile as Steve replied.

"A week before the wedding, we should arrive just before noon. I'll call when we're almost there. What time does Jake's torture start?"

Snorting, Manon said, "Soon! He keeps finding things to do around the house, and I think he's hoping I'll forget about it. He'd have to wash the cars naked to make me forget - don't tell him that, he will do it," She giggled, checking behind her to make sure Jake wasn't listening and already stripping off.