Silence...

Okay, this isn't a chapter, and the next one isn't either. This is Manon thinking about how she feels about Jake. I wrote these back in March to help me get into their heads and finish writing their wedding vows. I posted them on Tumblr but wanted them to be a part of their story here, too. They're essentially long poems, emotional, and a little spicy! They can't help themselves, lol.
——————-///

Sometimes, most times, Jake said more when silence fell between them.

His wandering hands spoke for him, fingers talking in shivering whispers as they trailed across her flushed, pebbled skin. His secret smirk revealed everything he felt for her, love and desire etched into every laughing line, and he heard it echoed back in her twin grin.

The arch of his brow, a slight quirk of his mouth, and the roguish glint in his eye were a lure she could never resist.

He could say much, doing so little. Through tiny tempting touches, and his electric eyes on hers, it was all there. Loud and crystal clear.

Manon was an expert at reading him, and he had her memorized.

He told her he loved her in so many ways that she was fluent in many silent tongues.

He was a safe, soft place for her to fall when her world was aflame, and nothing went her way.

And he was the wildness, the chaos, and dangerous desire when their world was bright and open, beautiful.

If Manon had her way, she'd tell the entire world he was hers and lay claim to him.

It was only fair. He already possessed her body and soul.

Jake didn't forbid her from doing a damn thing, but he loved to fight her when she went on a martyr rampage. It was incredible how effortlessly he could ease her into a placid mood.

Her fiery, tempestuous nature often ate through her threadbare patience, and he knew how to soothe it. But would never attempt to tame her.

She could only show her love in the same way she fought.

Full of fire, clawing hands, and biting teeth.

Manon wanted to carve a space for herself amongst his bones.

Engrave their initials in the ivory.

Lounge in the deepest, darkest parts of him so she could seek out the lingering shadows within him and comfort them.

She loved him so deeply, and she wanted him by her side. It was an intrinsic instinct to be close to him. To touch and breathe him in, to pull him inside her body.

They were a team, and wherever this life took them, or if it got tricky again, they would face it together.

"To love and cherish until death do us part."

And even then, Manon had sworn a secret, silent oath that she would find her way back to him.
—————

I am aiming to post a new chapter of this very soon. It was supposed to go up today, but life keeps getting in my way. I just have to edit, and rewrite a part of it before I can share it. Thank you for waiting on me ❤️