...Violence

And this is Jake thinking about how he feels about Manon. He's very internal and quite wordy; I wonder why that is, lol. Again, it's essentially a long poem, but I hope they're still enjoyable to read!
—————-///

She came into his life with the force of a raging hurricane. A maelstrom of emotion and desire that he'd long refused to allow himself to feel. She was a storm restrained within a human skin, sent to disrupt his carefully crafted life.

There had been no way to refuse her, not that he wanted to. Her violent way of flirting had sealed it.

Being lured by her flashlight Morse Code and held at knifepoint was the most memorable way he'd ever been wooed.

The silver blade had rested against his throat, the small hand holding it unwavering and fearless, and he'd been gone from the moment she said;

"If you value that pretty neck, Jake, I'd stand very still and drop your hands."

The urge to laugh and throttle her had struck him like a bolt of scarlet lightning.

She wanted him and hunted him down to have him. Shameless, utterly distracting, and so impatiently impulsive, he never knew what to expect next. A glitch in his system he'd been wholly unprepared to encounter.

He'd never felt as alive as he did under the power of her venom eyes that night.

It was as though his heart had shrivelled and died without him noticing. Years of neglect and abuse had rendered it nothing more than a muscle that pumped blood through his veins.

The tiny flame of hope he'd carried in the early days of his exile had guttered long before she appeared.

She was a shot of pure adrenaline that brought him back to life. She gave him a reason to stop running, teaching him how to live and fight for himself.

If she hadn't decided he deserved better than what he had, he didn't know where he'd be.

He'd resigned himself to a life of hollow, aching nothingness. Just him and the mocking echo of his racing steps as he sought a new hiding spot.

Never laying down roots, cutting any growth out before it could bloom, and dousing the surrounding earth with salt to ensure he'd remain alone.

It had worked until she dropped into his life like a boulder launched into a still lake. The ripples she'd caused still flowed through him.

Life had been cold before her. Petrified in time and tragic happenstance.

Grief, regret, and spite held him captive for so long, he had been afraid to see who he could be without it grinding him down.

All his would've, could've, should've's weighed him down. Demons on his back.

Their poison-tipped claws had sunk in deep, etching their unspeakable names into his bones and filling his blood with their lethal dose.

Manon had seen all that, the enshrouding devouring darkness, the glacial waters surrounding him, and laughed in the face of his demons until they ran away screaming.

He once believed he deserved nothing more than the shallow, unmarked grave his pursuers had prepared for him.

Now, those who once hunted him filled that grave.

He thrived while they decayed.

And with her, his world was warm. Scalding in the best times.

They preferred spending time together wearing nothing but skin, accessorized with gooseflesh and sweat, his teeth marks, and the violets his fingers planted on her inner thighs whenever he crawled between them.

She was a fire, an untamed blaze in the dark that kept his brittle heart cozy and safe.

He was her peace and patience after her life of war, death, and self-appointed blame.

She was his, and he was hers.

Everything else was just static on the screen.

——————//

And thank you for reading! I'll be back as soon as I can with a new chapter. Hopefully, Wattpad is behaving itself now and won't shadowban this again.