Gone.

It all felt like a long dream.
A dream where Darren never came by. A dream where Howlan was here most of the time. A dream where Cindi was crying in my chest. A dream where everyone I knew was sad. But I had questions. Why were they sad? Why was everyone crying? Where was Darren?

I felt a squeeze on my hand and my eyes opened slowly.

" ALLISON! OH MY DEAR! NURSE! DOCTOR! ANYONE COME QUICK! " My mother turned back to me and sobbed. " My little girl... You're back! " She threw herself into my arms and continued weeping. Like everyone in my dream.

" Mom.. I was just sleeping. "
" For 5 months. " The Witch Doctor walked up to me with my father. My mouth dropped open. Not only was I asleep during most my pregnancy, but my father looked so... Depressed.

" Allison, before we explain anything else... Darren is in the physiatric ward. "

" What!?! "

" Well... Was. "

" Then where is he!?! "

" .... " My father sat down in the chair and looked me in the eyes, and held my face. " He's gone... "

I went blank. I could not even cry.
But I had to make sure.

" Where has he gone? "

My mother covered her mouth and ran out of the room.

" Darren committed suicide. He attempted 37 times. He went to the ward, slammed his head against the door hard enough to bring him death. He thought you'd never wake up, and he didn't want to live without you. "

A single tear rolled down my cheek. " How's Aurora and Philip? "

" They're trying their best. " My father looked at me, still in the eye. " The baby is alive and well due to magic. Howlan made sure of it. He was here everyday and made sure they did everything they could. "

" I see... " I played with the soft, hospital blanket covering my large baby bump. The last time I saw it, it was so small...

" You're due next week. "
" What...? But when I was with Da- "

Then it hit me.

9 months ago, when I was so lonely and desperate.... And stupid. Darren was suspended for releasing all the frogs we were going to dissect. Believe me, I did like Howlan, it was just that I loved Darren. But me and Howlan...

Howlan's the actual father.

" Speak of the devil... " The three words passed by my lips as the half wolf walked in. His brown ears twitched. He shaggy ear length hair looked as if he hasn't brushed it in ages! His under eye circles looked ten times as dark. The poor canine looked so tired.

But when he saw me, his eyes lit up and he ran to me.

My father gave me an understanding look, then looked at the doctor. They knew, and they both walked out.

" Allison... " He rubbed his head and cheek against my hands. " I missed you so much... I-I sang for you everyday.... I talked to you... I.... "

" I know. " I looked at him with half lidded eyes.

His gray eyes grew wider. " Oh my spells... " Next, his smile reached ear from ear.

I like him. I do. If Darren was just a friend before I know I would have been with Howlan. But... I feel guilty. I know Darren would want me to move on, and for me to be happy...

Howlan looked at me happily. His furry ears perked up, his tail wagging back and forth. Suddenly, I felt a warm, large, wetness on my face.

" HOWLAAAN! " I wipped my face and laughed. I guess that was my welcome back kiss.

After a brief second, I felt water down my legs.

OH MY RED QUEEN.