𝘣𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘦'𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

Braeden Lemasters had never ran so quick to Cole's side gate, unlocking it as he always did and waiting for Y/n to follow.

She was a lot slower than him, suppressing a small smile which was extremely hard to do when watching his.

"Cole's only got one bike, I guess." Braeden sighed, glancing nervously to Y/n as he took the small bike out.

The girl only shrugged and nervously smiled. "I can ride on the back."

"Yes. Yeah, totally." Braeden nodded, his smile returning.

He had got on, ringing the bell a few times and he hadn't prepared himself for this as much as he should've. Y/n sat right behind him, her feet touching the back of his, and she hesitantly set her hands on his shoulders.

Braeden nearly froze, his whole face turned red and he gulped before croaking out. "You ready?"

"Mhm."

Cole's neighborhood was nice, it was empty as of now and even thought it was pitch black out, a few lights helped.

Braeden rode calmly. It was extremely cold out and his nose began to turn pink, but he didn't mind. Y/n quietly watched everything around, this was his way of getting her familiar with the neighborhood.

"Around here somewhere is where we smoked weed for the first actual time, not worth it." He chuckled, earning a small eyebrow quirk from   Y/n.

"First actual time?"

"Well," Braeden gulped, "We tried it once at my house and my mom caught us."

Something about that whole situation seemed so them. So Braeden.

Braeden rode around a lot, he took Y/n to places like where he landed his first Ollie, where he jammed his finger, and where he had his first kiss - which he described as anything but magical.

"Wow, sounds so romantic." Y/n giggled as they passed the playground, Braeden slowed down a little, stopping and he turned to her quickly, none of them had expected to be this close, and Braeden immediately turned away.

"When w-was your first kiss?" He asked, now continuing to slowly drive through this neighborhood.

"Mine? It was barely a few years ago, on camera." Y/n sighed in dissatisfaction, and shrugged. "I would've liked it to be real, like yours." 

Braeden shrugged and his mouth opened a few times before he got out, "You'll have a real first one with someone one day. And you'll count that one, yeah?"

Y/n smiled and her hands instinctively made their way around his torso now, Braeden's eyes widened and his breath hitched at the way she held onto him, "I will." Y/n whispered, now her chin resting on his shoulder from behind.

Braeden would replay this moment in his head forever, nothing's ever felt so perfect.

Something about y/n made him reach for more, because he wanted more, and even though she never did it intentionally, she always left him like that.

"Stay like that."

Now, Y/n's eyes widened. Her heart raced, and her grip on him tightened. This girl couldn't gain feeling for Braeden, because no, that was wrong in a time like this.

But she did, and she was. Suddenly she allowed herself to admire his frame she held onto, and he was so warm she imagined a life where she was able to stay like this forever. Her head resting on his shoulder from behind gave her a chance to smell his soft hair that smelled a lot like lavender.

"I will." She whispered back, directly into his ear.

Of course, they were only acquaintances, friends at most, but as of now - they had both made each other feel so good, and neither of them wanted it to stop.

But Braeden swore a friend wouldn't whisper in his ear like that.

And Y/n swore a friend would not look at her like that.