chapter- 53

Outside wall of a derelict building, a ladder stood mounted against the building Windows. It had only been that way for a year, yet Dimitri could still recognise even the back face of it any day. This was the place where he used to live when he was still alive.

Meow!

He turned to face the cat, mounted on the middle of an overflowing dumpster next to a relatively clean looking pairs of well-worn black gloves. The gloves looked somewhat strange. It had some metallic coting that made it look like something you'd were for Halloween. Dimitri reached up to the gloves slowly, hoping they weren't just an illusion as crazy as anything else that had happened tonight. Thankfully, they proved to be real enough, and on Dimitri's hand the gloves went. Then he turned his attention back to the ladder. It may have been too high for him to reach from the ground, so there was only one thing to do.

He jumped. But he hadn't expected to reach the fifth rung up the ladder when it was thirty feet up from the ground, farther than anyone had the ability to jump. Dimitri clung to the ladder, surprised by his newfound abilities.

"Be careful kid. Don't get a big head just because you can jump good. The other one is unkillable, but he can still die temporarily. That's why try not to get too overconfident in your new life. "

More cryptic hints and tips from his apparently inner voice and some nods from vengeful spirits . More than eager for some answers for his unanswered questions, Dimitri resumed his climb up the ladder. His mind guided by the vengeful spirits of the deceased and his inner voices.

At last, Dimitri reached the top of the building, making his way towards the door that led down inside his old apartment. With a creak, the door slowly swung open, deeming to invite and threatene him at the same time. Peeking around the corner of the ruined hallway, he saw a massage written in blood by his murderer- a very familiar sight that made him nostalgic.

"Come, come. If you dare. Karma Kary will always be ready and prepared. An axe on one hand a machete another. Waiting for the perfect moment to kill eatch other. Stop me if you can my mysterious other. Karma Kary  will always be there ready for the slaughter. Come to me, so we can face eatch other. Carrying the Wight of the world in our shoulder. "

Creedance...

Dimitri's hands went to his temples again to sooth the headache that came with the memory flash. His anger was clouding his mind. He could barely maintain his sanity.

"This is just the teaser, kid. The real plot hasn't even started yet. You need to keep a cool head. You have a lot to do my dude. " Dimitri's inner voice tried to calm his nerves. But once the anger resurfaced, it couldn't be stopped, and Dimitri felt his brain become flooded with memories.

'A burning building. A house exploding in front of him. His father being decapitated. His mother being impaled by a pitchfork. His lover electrocuted and his best friend skinned alive. '

Dimitri stumbled drunkenly across the worn wooden floor of the loft, his hard head collided with the glasses left in the bathroom door. After remembering his traumatic past he lifted himself away.

"That's the spirit, kid. Remember that pain. It's time to kick off the show."

"Thanks, for the pep talk. What ever you are!?." Dimitri stoically utter out.

"Don't mention it. Just kill that poetry loving Shakespeare wannabe bastard. "