Chapter 37

Juliana pov

"Are you ready to battle the gym leader?"

"Yes sir" I nodded.

"In that case, head to the battle court"

After doing that, to my shock the man I talked to before got up and stood on the other side of the court.

"I'm Larry, I'm assigned to work as the gym leader of the Medali gym"

"Wow"

"Good job on making your way through the gym test"

"Thanks so much"

"And when you get a chance, maybe try the other dishes on the menu sometime, everything's good here"

"Me and a friend of mine just had lunch here and they sure have amazing Soba Noodle Soup"

"Yes, but anyway my boss will dock the pay if I spend too much time chitchatting, let's get this battle over with"

"Yes sir" I nodded.

After he put his briefcase down, he called out his Komala.

"Floragato, I choose you"

"Meow"

"Komala, use slam"

Komala jumped into the air and looked like it was ready to slam Floragato.

"Floragato, dodge it"

She moved out of the way and hissed.

"Use magical leaf"

She blasted her magical leaf attack towards Komala.

"Komala, dodge it"

It jumped out of the way, I never understood how Komala's are able to attack in their sleep, but it was pretty cool.

"Use rollout"

It made a big rock and it rolled towards Floragato.

"Floragato, use energy ball to break that rock"

She blasted her energy ball and it destroyed the rolling rock.

"Komala, use acrobatics"

This took me by surprise, we have to avoid that attack at all costs. Komala began to run towards Floragato.

"Floragato, use leaf storm"

She made a leaf storm and it made Komala stop and it was having a hard time focusing due to the leaf storm attack.

"Now use energy ball"

She did another energy ball attack and it hit Komala and after it landed on the ground, it was down.

"Komala is unable to battle, Floragato wins" the referee announced.

"Way a go Floragato" I smiled.

"Meow" Floragato grinned.

"Komala, return"

After it went back to it's pokeball, Larry called out his Dudunsparce. To my shock, it looked just like Dunsparce. I wonder if there both different?

"Rotom, look up Dudunsparce"

"Dudunsparce, the land snake pokemon, a normal type, this pokemon uses its hard tail to make its nest by boring holes into bedrock deep underground, the nest can reach lengths of six miles"

"Now look up Dunsparce"

"Dunsparce, the land snake pokemon, a normal type, it creates mazes in dark locations, when spotted it flees into the ground by digging with it's tail"