Chapter 123

Narrator pov

The next day, Juliana was woken up by her alarm and got out of her pajamas and was ready to start the day.

~~~~

Juliana pov

"Looking good" I grinned in the mirror.

After that, I returned all my pokemon to their pokeballs and headed outside to join everyone, but when I got outside, I saw Carmine and Kieran were here as well.

"Morning everyone, did you sleep well?" Ms Briar asks.

"Yes ma'am" we all nodded.

"Wonderful, now starting today, you'll be joined by our two students from Blueberry Academy" she gestured to Carmine and Kieran.

"Go on you two, time to introduce yourselves" says Ms Briar.

"Hi I'm Carmine, it's a pleasure to meet you all outsider...uh I mean visitors from Paldea hee hee" she giggled with a innocent smile. I can tell it was fake.

"I-I'm...Kieran" he says shyly while looking away.

"Carmine and Kieran grew up here, so ask them for help if you need anything" says the caretaker.

I was surprised, so they're from here? Wow.

"And you two better help, you hear me?"

"Aye aye" Carmine nodded.

"R-right" Kieran responded nervously.

"With that settled...I'm gonna tell you all bit about what we have planned"

"I wonder what we'll be doing?" I wondered.

"You see, this school trip of yours will be an exercise in orienteering, first, we'll have you all spilt into pairs, then each pair will be tasked with finding three signboards located around the land of Kitakami, on each signboard, you'll find snippets of an old folktale passed down here in Kitakami, read them all and learn a bit about our home, to prove that you've completed the task, we ask that each pair take a snapshot together in front of these signboards with their phone or camera, take a snapshot together in front of each of the three signboards to complete your mission, it's a self guided tour of Kitakami, learn all about its rich history" the caretaker explained.

"This will be wonderful, what an innovative ideas for a group activity" Ms Briar comment.

"Oh and I've got a gift for each of you as well"

A gift?

He handed us all a roto stick, wow this is so cool.

"Use these roto sticks when you take those photos and I can teach you all a rad pose I came up with all of my own"

When he showed us the rad pose, we all tried our hardest to not laugh because it would be impolite.

Ms Briar shook her head at this, I guess it didn't satisfy her.

"Remember that one of the goals of this trip is to deepen the ties between our two schools, it seems like having someone who knows the area well would be a big trip, that being said...let's try to maximize the number of interschool pairs, time to mingle" says Ms Briar.

My group was discussing on who should pair up with who, I noticed that they weren't trying to ask Carmine or Kieran to work with them, I decided to try and be one of there partner, so I walked up to them.

"Let me guess, you want to pair up with one of us poor, lonely Blueberry students?" Carmine asks.

"Yes" I nodded.