twenty two

one month later (sorry for time jump)

matt

i was watching tv when my phone started ringing. i got excited with the thought that maybe it was her. maybe she was finally calling me back. but it wasn't. it was a number i didn't have saved.

"hello?"

"matt?" a woman's voice came through the phone

"yeah, who is this?" i asked

"it's mrs. scott, hannah's mom. please tell me hannah is with you."

"she's not. i've been in california. why? what's wrong?"

"she's been missing for over a month. i was hoping maybe she ran away to be with you." her mom broke down

"um i'm gonna book a flight to come out to virginia. i'll let you know when i get there."

"thank you matt"

i said you're welcome and ended the call. i ran into the living room where kristen was sitting with her boyfriend.

"kristen i need to go back to virginia. please let me use your card."

"matt" she sighed

"please. hannah is missing. i need to go back."

after arguing and begging with her for twenty minutes she gave in and helped me book a flight that leaves tonight.

"thank you kristen"

"you're welcome. just please promise you'll be careful. i can't lose the only family i have left. especially my baby brother. if something happened to you i would never forgive myself."

"i'll be fine, i promise" i replied

-

hannah

i don't even know how long i've been here. all i know is that i'm starving. i haven't had anything to eat or drink in a while. i'm in so much pain. every single time mr. davis comes in he hits me or cuts me or does anything that will cause me physical pain.

the door to the basement opened and mr. davis walked in.

"well good morning" he smirked

"how much longer are you going to torture me? just kill me already please."

"i'm waiting for your lover boy to show up. that way he can watch you die. matter of fact how about we send him a little video, huh?"

he pulled out an iphone and he held a knife to my throat before pressing record.

"matt, are you gonna come and save your little princess?" he asked

"don't come matt"

"shut up" he yelled moving the knife to my arm making a cut

blood ran down my arm and tears started pouring down my face.

"see you soon matt" he said ending the video and sending it matt

-

omghsn