Soccer's 'Zero'

"Rock, paper, scissors!" Gagamaru, Isagi, Igarashi and Raichi roshamboed and Isagi came out the victor,"Come on, damn it! You kidding me! Isagi won!?" Raichi scowls in anger while y/n played some games in the background,"So, starting with him we'll go around and select our positions. After half time, we'll switch y/n out with someone else." Kuon says and Isagi gives a firm look,"I want to be center forward!" he declares

Y/n then remembers what Ego had explained to them about how the matches will work out.

"Now as I was saying. The First Selection will involve the 60 of you in Building 5. It's a kind of five team Round-Robin. The top two teams will progress while the rest leave. As for anyone who's kicked out, you'll be forever ineligible to play for the national team." Ego reminds them and y/n has a prominent frown on her lips.

"However, the top scorer's from the three losing teams will be allowed to advance to the next selection. If the top scoring players in the same team are tied, we'll go by fair play points." Ego explains further,"And the player with the fewest penalty points will proceed." he adds.

"Will you prioritize your own goals or the team's victory? In this First Selection a striker's effectiveness is put to the test. At its core this is a battle to create soccer from zero. The first match starts in two hours. It will be Team X versus Team Z." Ego announces before logging off.

And that's how it went. Y/n and Kuon formulated a strategy and explained it to the others. While y/n is really excited to play against a bunch of guys, she's a little bummed the girl on their team apparently got suspended, since she didn't follow the rules and kept trying to peek on the guys on her team and even sexually harass them. She was also sent to short-time jail because of this.

Y/n takes a deep breath as she ties her shoelaces, all of them dressed and sitting in the locker room,"Listen up! Here's our formation for the first match. We'll be relying on Isagi to help carry us to victory." Kuon explains,"Let's do it." Bachira hums as as Gagamaru helps ties y/n's hair into a proper bun, since her hair isn't cooperating with her today.

"Think we can win this thing when our center forward's rank is super low?" Igarashi comments as he ties his own shoelaces,"He's higher up than you." Kunigami rebutes,"Figures I'd get stuck having to play defense." Naruhaya whines as Gagamaru finishes tying y/n's hair.

"All we gotta do is win, right?" Raichi grins as he stretches his laced fingers,"I vote 'yeah'." Gagamura mumbles,"All we gotta do... Sure." Chigiri comments,"Can you really hack it as the goalie?" Imamura asks as Iemon pulls on his gloves,"I lost at rock-paper-scissors, so no choice." he says as y/n stands up,"So who wants to switch places with me in the second half?" she asks with hands on her hips.

"Actually, why don't you play in my place, y/n? You seemed really eager to play today." Imamura offers and y/n squeals with joy as she hugs him,"Oh, thank you! Thank you! I promise to give it my all out there!" she vows as Imamura chuckles before the girl let's him go.

"It's almost time." Kuon announces before everyone left the locker room for the soccer field.

"You guys ready for this?" y/n asks as she observes the team with a wide grin before jumping up and down to warm up her legs,"Sure are!" Bachira chirps at her with a bright smile,"Hey guys, here's Team X." Kunigami announces and everyone turns their attention to their opponents.

Y/n's eyes widen at the sight of the man in front of Team X. She can tell he radiates an aura of dominance and power. In other words, she can tell that this guy was gonna be a major problem for them.

She shows off a nervous grin as she narrows her eyes at him,[This is gonna be a tough game. But, oh well...] she chuckles lightly as she cracks her fingers,"Game on." she grins as she makes eye contact with the leader of Team X.