The Formula for Goals

The entire team found themselves in the Record Room with Iemon playing a short clip of Niko playing before pausing the video,"Team Y's Niko scored the equalizer against Team W. So Match 9 ended in a draw." he explains as everyone stares at him intently.

"As a result..." Iemon presses a button on the remote to display the five round robin score on the screen,"...we're now in third place out of the five teams competing. What's more, the only match remaining in Building 5 is ours against Team V."

"If we draw we won't advance due to our worse goal difference. So if we want to survive, then we need to win, plain and simple." he ends with a stern, low tone, a clear sign that their situation is a dire one.

Y/n hums when Raichi waves her over and then motions to Kuon sitting at the back of the room, against the wall on the floor,"Hey, Kuon's listening in. The scum." he mutters with venom,"Yeah, so what? Who's gonna work with him now anyway?" Naruhaya inquires and y/n's sighs at this,"Leave him be. I'll keep an eye on him for now." she tells them as she and Kuon made brief eye contact.

"Seems like a miracle Team Y came away with a draw." Igarashi comments,"That is strange. Niko didn't strike me as the type of player who would take on shots himself." Chigiri admits before a photo of Yuki shows up, the tall scoring is seen scoring a goal,"I guess he got inspired by a certain someone. Same for Yuki, who got inspired by a certain girl." Bachira glances subtly at Isagi and y/n with a smile.

"Alright, now let's discuss the key players on Team V, our final opponents." Iemon presses a button to display photos of Reo Mikage, Seishiro Nagi and Zantetsu Tsurugi,"This trio has managed eighteen goals over three games. Their team's gone undefeated thanks to their incredible ferocity on the attack."

"Zantetsu Tsurugi; five goals. Reo Mikage; six goals. Finally, their top scorer, Seishiro Nagi; seven goals." he lists as y/n narrows her eyes at the photos,"If we don't stop them from scoring, we'll be packing our bags lady and gentlemen." Iemon tells his team.

Y/n then felt a headache hit her all of a sudden,"Oh, whoa..." she mumbles as she stands up, but stumbles a bit, catching her team's attention,"Hey, you okay?" Isagi in concern as he and the others stood up in alarm when y/n almost loses her balance. Y/n rubs her head as she manages a shaky smile,"It's just a headache. No worries..." she says before heading for the door.

But the room suddenly starts to spin and she completely loses her balance, blacking out in the process as she hits the ground,"Y/n!!!" everyone scream in alarm as they surround the girl.

"She's burning up!" Iemon informs everyone as he feels the girl's forehead,"A fever then?" Naruhaya inquires before Kunigami scoops y/n up into his arms,"Let's get her back to our room." he says and they all ran back to their room. Bachira had quickly set up y/n's futon while Gagamaru went to wet a towel under some cold water.

"What could've caused this?" Imamura questions as Kunigami tucks y/n into bed and Gagamaru places the cold towel on the girl's head,"...She was up late last night. I'm guessing she was doing some practice before heading to bed." Raichi informs them with hands on his hips.

"Should we tell Ego about this?" Bachira questions as he sat cross-legged near y/n's bed,"I'll go-" just as Isagi was about to run off, a weak voice calls out to him,"No, don't..." y/n rasps as she slowly sits up, holding the towel against her head,"Hey, you should go back to sleep. You need to rest with your condition." Naruhaya tells her as he tries to gently get her to lie down, but y/n shrugs him off.

"I'll do that later. But, don't tell Ego I'm sick, he'll sit me out of our next game and I don't want that. I'll be fine by the time our next match arrives." she reassures everyone and Iemon gives her a skeptical look,"Are you sure?" he asks and y/n nods firmly,"Yeah. For now, let's all just stay calm for the time being." she suggests and everyone gives their own sound of agreement.