I'm Sorry

Y/n had a talk with Chigiri and now understood how he had gotten his ACL injury. He was reluctant at first to tell her about it, but he gave in when y/n admitted to accidentally walking in on him treating his knee. She said she wouldn't push him, but he needs to get over his fear of risking another injury, because she's confident that he won't even tear his ACL again. Ever.

She also told him that one of her old teammates had the very same injury with a slim chance of it ever getting better ever again. But, it's all better and he's playing full-out again in soccer.

Chigiri didn't say anything after that, but he became more comfortable around her and even treated his knee in front of her.

Right now, she and the rest of her team are in the recording room, as she likes to call it,"Here's where the team stand, including our next opponent, Team W." Iemon displays a chart of the five round robin chart as he stood before everyone.

"They have one loss against Team V, if they lose they're done. The same goes for us." Isagi spoke up and y/n nods,"That's correct. They at least got the better of Team X and Baro, which is bad since Baro had beaten us easily 4-1. So to think he lost to them." y/n says with furrowed brow as she plays a game on her Switch,"We should consider them stronger then." Iemon says with crossed arms.

"Well, we are Team Z, the lowest of the low..." Bachira claims in a drowsy manner, dozing off in his seat,"No telling what their play style is like." Naruhaya states and everyone stays silent at that,"We can't be sure. But, we do know one thing about Team W." Iemon presses a button on the remote to display a picture of the Wanima Brothers.

"Their key players are this dynamic duo, the Wanima Brothers." he reveals as y/n pauses her game to look up at the picture,[Why does that one guy have crocodile eyebrows?] she wonders,but hums when she notices how Chigiri slightly lifted his head at the name. Iemon then presses another button to display a video footage of the Wanima Brothers playing against Baro.

"As you can see from the footage, their forte is combination play. When they defeated Baro and the rest of Team X, these two scored four of the goals." he explains as y/n puts her Switch on the table to focus on the video,"Distance perception, the timing of their moves, their give-and-go's. Sufficed to say, they have an assortment of formidable weapons between them." Iemon states.

"But only if they're working as a pair, not individually." Isagi states and y/n sighs through her nose,"Right, so we split them them up. Our best strategy will be to 'divide and conquer'." Iemon nods says as he looks at the others,"Question, why's Iemon handling the briefing? Doesn't Kuon usually handle this?" Raichi asks and y/n perks up at this,[Yeah, where is Kuon?] she wonders.

"Uh, usually. But, he hasn't finished taking his bath yet. I did okay, right?" Iemon asks and y/n nods,"Ya did awesome!" she grins cheekily,"Yeah, sure. He may be gone, but our strategy is pretty clear. Right Gagama-" Naruhaya is cut off by Gagamaru gripping his head in a vice grip,"Gagamaru..." y/n sighs with a sweatdrop before walking over to them.

"Man, Kuon sure is taking his time." Igarashi comments,"Bet you anything he passed out." Imamura claims and y/n worries a bit at this after separating Gagamaru and Naruhaya before giving Naruhaya her Switch so he'd stop bothering Gagamaru for the time being,"I'll go check on him then." she offers before heading for the door.

But just as she was about to leave, the door suddenly slides open and there stood a flushed and panting Kuon,"Kuon!" y/n yelps in surprise,"Hey, welcome to the meeting coach." Bachira teases,"Ah, sorry. How much did I miss?" Kuon asks as y/n held him steady.

"A bit, but I'll catch you up." she tells him as she gently pulls him into the room,"Oh, he lives." Igarashi jokes in the background,"What were you doing all this time though, Kuon?" y/n asks as Kuon slings an arm over her shoulders,"I was thinking about what to call tomorrow's operation and I lost track of time." Kuon explains as he lost his footing for a moment.