Chapter 2: New job

Ainz couldn't stop a green light from washing over him when he thought of this possibility.

-Hahaha, you almost had me.

Ainz Ooal Gown said with the time still slowing down, he was relieved to have such a capable mind and to have detected the enemy's trap so early.

Ainz Ooal Gown then summoned a death knight to Tianmei's side, this knight would behead Tianmei as soon as time returned to normal.

-This should be enough to bring him out of hiding.

The skeleton muttered, however, his mind collapsed the next moment.

The Tianmei that appeared wasn't important, so if he didn't know the location of the real Tianmei, wouldn't killing the current Tianmei simply bring unnecessary mana expenditure?

But he has a lot of mana, so if the real Tianmei is the one in front of him and the one he's supposed to be hiding doesn't exist, then wouldn't he be ambushed directly when he lets his guard down?

-Kufufu, really bold.

Ainz Ooal Gown said while looking at the motionless black and white figure of Tianmei, he felt that this enemy was really powerful.

Of course, this was all Ainz Ooal Gown's guess with his paranoid gambler's mind.

As for Tianmei an ordinary human, he would die of fright if he saw a death knight behind him.

Ainz Ooal Gown withdrew the death knight and time returned to normal.

-It doesn't really matter who you are, you are human, a human is an ally. What is your combat specialty?

Robedyck Goltron said turning to Ainz Ooal Gown with a white-toothed grin.

Tianmei's mind had been wandering about how to die without expecting anything, however, a second ago he came up with an idea that might work.

-Susuki Satoru.

Tianmei said and...

Tianmei exploded into flesh and blood, this was Shalltear who had rushed over to test the waters and see how strong Tianmei was.

He didn't expect that, after striking Tianmei carefully and expecting a defensive strike, nothing happened.

Everyone was stunned, the most stunned was Ainz Ooal Gown, the human in front of him called out his name, called out his name.

-Was he an old friend from the game who couldn't come in his character's body?-

Ainz Ooal Gown's mind went chaotic at the thought of this possibility, if that was true, then, had Shalltear killed one of his friends who could keep him company?

Rage began to flood through Ainz Ooal Gown's body, how could....

"Dungeon event mission failed, failed dungeon event, wait for the next dungeon event in a week."

Tianmei appeared in the dark alley, still wet, dirty and homeless.

An hour later.

Tianmei calmed down, after all he didn't complete the system mission and, he received nothing, but still there was a strange sense of achievement, achievement because, as the first dungeon, he had the consolation prize as the first dungeon of the skill roulette.

The skill roulette system had four figures, two men and two beautiful women, Tianmei learned that, if he had completed the quest, Ainz Ooal Gown and his guardians would be available among the avatars within the roulette, but he did not.

He felt that this roulette was patting him on the head like a good puppy being scolded.

Without waiting any longer at midnight, Tianmei spun the roulette wheel.

The roulette hand stopped after spinning for a while and, stopped on the image of Termite Hekkeran.

"Congratulations, you have obtained the skill SWORD CONMOBILITY: a two-sword attack that hits with skill and gets a critical strike."

Tianmei felt relieved, this was because, if he stole any magic skill it would be useless, he had no magic.

This sword concussion skill should be a physical skill, so, there is no need for magic reserves right?

Tianmei didn't have swords, but that was the least of it, now he could rest assured, he had a golden finger, a system, with this advantage, was he still worried about not being powerful?

He just had to get food and a place to live.

The next day at noon:

-Why are you interested in the job?

-Because I need money.

-Why do you dress like a pauper?

-I am a foreigner who lives on the streets begging for alms.

-Are you a pervert?

-No, I mean yes, but I won't do anything but work at your school, I won't bother.

Tianmei said as his head hit the ground in a Japanese bow.

The headmaster of Kuoh Academy who had put up a "gardener wanted" sign was extremely moved.

As a human with empathy, how could he not be?, the teenager in front of him went through so much and, all he wanted was a job and three meals a day, he didn't even ask for a salary.

The director almost let a tear fall and, after some thought, decided to hire him while giving him a gardener's uniform and pointing out his residence.

Once Tianmei was in his gardener's residence which was a room resembling a mouse box, cheap food in the refrigerator and, a bathroom, he felt extremely lucky.

All he wanted to do now was to be at work while having the basic needs covered and wait for the next dungeon, but, how could it be so easy?

At the student presidency club.

-The new staff hired by the principal?... No background?

Sona Sitri narrowed her eyebrows, stroked her glasses and waited a moment.

-No history? How could that be, no place of origin, no family, it's as if this person just appeared out of nowhere.

However, Sona Sitri was not so astonished, that was because this was not so difficult to see, some homeless people had children and, these children grew up with no background.

It was a big world.

Moreover, the teenager of whom the director sent a photograph had wheat skin, an ugly face by standard beauty standards and a common presence.

-Definitely a pauper....

Sona Sitri did not feel concerned, but, nevertheless, sent her piece Momo to investigate this new staff for a few weeks.

The next day...

Early in the morning, Tianmei began to start his gardening chores, watering the plants, pruning, cleaning, tending.

His attention was stolen by these tasks, he seemed to work like a robot, not even distracted by the beauties that began to arrive as the student hour began.

Momo Hanakai Sona Sitri's piece was watching all morning and, apart from the diligence of this foreigner's work, Momo saw nothing else.

Momo was astonished to see how this foreigner ignored the women passing by and concentrated on work, it should be noted that being in the Kuoh academy, that was strange.

But, Momo was thinking outside the box. After seeing the Overlord beauties through the dungeon, how could Tianmei be surprised by these beauties?

In the eyes of Tianmei who saw Shalltear and the female adventurers in Overlord, these beauties of the Kuoh academy were nothing more than frogs at the bottom of the well.

However, Tianmei attracted a lot of attention with his foreign appearance, there was no shortage of tasteless female students who wanted to talk to him, but when they saw that he was the gardener, they simply turned their heads away arrogantly.

The life of a foreigner is like that, and as a good foreigner, Tianmei just works, no need for women, no need for alcohol, no need to go out for walks, just work, food, and, of course, dungeons.