Chapter 6: A traitor?

Ruka, Chizuru and Kazuya might as well have died of shock at this moment, they saw the person they put their trust in rise up like a hero to kill the enemy, he rose up with such a powerful sword skill that, the big zombie should have died, but, for some unknown reason, this muscular Zombie did not die.

What life is so bitter as to play this fate on them?

Tianmei stood up quickly with a determined look on his face, Tianmei was not willing to give up, how could he leave empty handed, this time there would be no consolation reward, leaving without completing the mission is unforgivable.

The fire in his eyes flared as a feeling of indescribable power washed over him.

-Shock of blades!

Tianmei screamed as the super critical activated, his metal rods glowed red and, in a second Tianmei stepped on the ground with his leg on the verge of breaking.

The surprised large zombie tried to aim a blow at Tianmei, but how could it do so with Tianmei's super critical active?

Tianmei directed the first stick of the left hand to impact against the big zombie's blow, as a result, the red stick split the zombie's hand in two, as if cutting butter with a hot knife.

The left staff turned back to its natural colour, having used the super critical, but still having the right staff left, Tianmei took advantage of the zombie's bewilderment to use her right staff, cutting like a sword from the crotch to the big zombie's head.

Tianmei's right staff is like a bolt of lightning, cutting from the ground, splitting the giant zombie in half, the thud of blood and severed bones spread all over the place.

"Congratulations on defeating a special enemy, you have been rewarded with the special zombie regeneration ability."

Tianmei fell unconscious.

...

...

...

Tianmei woke up after an unknown amount of time, it was the same scene of the perfect figure greeting him when he woke up, however, this time there was a trace of surprise on Chizuru's face when Tianmei woke up.

-Tell me, tell me, are you an S-ranked awakened?

Kazuya couldn't wait any longer and asked excitedly.

-S-rank?

Tianmei's confusion gave way to a general check of his body.

-Hmph, there are no visible wounds, there doesn't seem to be any scars either, it's as if the battle with the special zombie never happened to begin with-

Tianmei thought before sighing with relief.

-You can put it that way, it's just a little regeneration ability of mine.

Tianmei ignored Kazuya's question and became humble.

-Ha, just a little regeneration skill?, literally your neck was shattered, ribs and internal organs were about to collapse and... you call it a small regeneration skill.

Ruka said confidently.

-Hahaha, an S-class awakened, maybe you could say that?

Tianmei smiled as she watched Ruka confidently, Kazuya hesitantly and Chizuru with a solemn expression.

The next day...

-This is the hospital?, it looks like an abandoned building. Are you sure your grandparents are still here?

-They should be...

Tianmei had been thinking of some way to get Kazuya to stop chasing Chizuru's tail and complete the mission, but he couldn't come up with one or, if one idea crossed his mind... stay with Chizuru.

However, Tianmei shook this idea off instantly, firstly, he didn't like Chizuru, secondly, he didn't want to have attachments to this dungeon-world that he would be leaving in a few days and lastly and most importantly, how could he a below average ugly and poor Latin American win over a renowned beauty like Chizuru?

It sounded like a story by a writer who can't pay the rent.

Typical ugly and poor guy falling in love with beauty with money?

That's rubbish, Tianmei thought at the time.

They had arrived at the hospital after Tianmei eliminated several Zombies, the regeneration didn't level up, but the sword concussion went from level 4 to level 5.

Tianmei was anxious, eager to meet more zombies and pick up more skills.

-Eliminate Chizuru?-

Tianmei thought, it might work to get rid of Chizuru and let Ruka comfort Kazuya, or... I could also use an aphrodisiac to make Ruka and Kazuya have a good time at night, with Kazuya's first time with Ruka, he would fall in love with Ruka.

Kazuya knocked down the front door of the hospital with a shove.

-Grandma!, it's Kazuya!

The strong smell reached Tianmei's nostrils, the quiet sound, this lower part of the hospital had been consumed by zombies long ago, everything was a mess.

The first to run for the stairs was Chizuru, followed by Kazuya.

Tianmei looked for a couch to rest on, Ruka stunned at the door.

-You know that?, the elders here were...

Tianmei couldn't finish speaking, the piercing scream of Kazuya and Chizuru at the top of the building made Ruka flinch and run up the stairs where Kazuya ran a moment ago.

Tianmei sighed, however, something caught his attention.

Besides Kazuya and Chizuru's mournful cries at the top, the sound of something banging in the basement caught Tianmei's attention.

-Should he go?-

Tianmei was confused, he had checked that there were no zombies in this building, but, if something happened to Kazuya and the mission wasn't completed, he would regret it.

A moment later, Tianmei ventured to investigate.

"Special event, discover the motivation of the awakened infiltrator in the city's defense forces and get a power boost."

Tianmei was surprised, without further thought he kicked the entrance of the basement causing it to fall and the sound of pounding to stop.

Tianmei jumped into the darkness below him and passed into a shadowy environment.

As soon as his feet touched the ground, Tianmei ducked, dodging an attack with a shovel.

The two sticks in his hands glowed blue and, in one swift, sword-swinging motion, Tianmei slashed at the enemy.

-Fuckkmrrghlll!

A young man's scream echoed, Tianmei opened his eyes seeing this guy covered in blood on the ground.

The young man had his right arm missing, Tianmei was willing to cut off the other arm and tie this guy up to get answers.

When Tianmei approached, a sense of danger washed over his body.

The young man spat out a powerful fireball, incinerating Tianmei.

However, a second later, Tianmei used his sword concussion to slash the man's left arm causing the man to scream in pain.

The man fell to the ground, the pain was unbearable.