Chapter 8: Mission failed

Kazuya's face became calm and an old man's smile appeared on his face, Ruka watched him in bewilderment, tears stopped falling.

But, before she could say anything, Kazuya's head was detached from his body by a quick blue light.

Blood splattered all over her face as she was in total shock.

Chizuru hugging her grandmother's corpse paid no attention.

Ruka's breathing became agitated, her heart pumping with full power, she opened her mouth, she wanted to scream, but the world faded away as Ruka fell unconscious.

Tianmei waved his staff.

-Hmph, it's not completed, I guess it's another failed mission.

Tianmei sighed in pain, he still had a few days left and, he had already lost the mission.

His eyes passed by Ruka passed out on the ground and then to Chizuru who was mumbling words while hugging a corpse.

The sound outside got louder and louder, it sounded like several zombies crawling around, trying to get to the building that used to be a hospital.

Looking out a window, Tianmei saw a horde of zombies surrounding the building.

Her gaze passed over Ruka regaining consciousness and then to Chizuru who had pulled herself together.

-We are surrounded by a horde of zombies, what can we will do?

Tianmei's question brought Ruka and Chizuru back to reality.

-Why the fuck did you kill Kazuya?

Ruka had pulled out a combat dagger from her backpack and was aiming it at Tianmei.

For his part, Tianmei raised an eyebrow.

-Because he asked me to, isn't it a man's duty to end another man's suffering?, isn't it the duty of the strong to stop the weak from suffering?

At Tianmei's response, Ruka clenched the dagger tightly, charged forward, the dagger pointed at Tianmei's heart with terrifying rage.

For his part, Tianmei simply let his guard down and let Ruka attack.

One second, Tianmei's flesh was pierced through, his heart cut out and his life disappears from Tianmei's eyes.

-This is your decision Ruka?

Tianmei said, seemingly unaffected by the dagger in his chest.

-You have condemned yourself and Chizuru, I could have taken them out of the city out of respect, but all for revenge?...there are things you don't understand and, this is one of them.

Tianmei's body began to collapse.

Chizuru who hadn't said a word showed despair on her face.

-I won't die, but... you will.

Tianmei fell, he was dead.

...

...

...

Tianmei woke up, nothing seemed to change, the hour, the minute and the second were the same in which he had gone to the dungeon.

Tianmei sighed with resignation, but, at least he gained two new abilities.

"The mission has been failed, the next dungeon event will start in a week."

Tianmei headed to his bed to rest.

The next day.

-Are you really a man?

-Do you want to check?

Tianmei smiled at Issei's question, this cheerful eyed little man had been spying on half-naked women on the exercise platform a few meters away when Tianmei was pruning a tree, curiously, Issei saw Tianmei concentrating on doing his job while having a smile of an old man waiting for death.

Seeing Tianmei ignoring the half-naked women on the other side and concentrating on his work, Issei was curious.

-Not really, but... Don't you feel the need to?

Tianmei raised an eyebrow at Issei's question.

-Yes, but I have ways to free him, besides, if I do anything I'll be voted out of this job with a kick in the ass, I'm definitely not willing to trade a stable job for a bit of time spying on some horny teenage girls.

Tianmei bowed and continued working to Issei's murmurs.

"Dragon's breath: release the accumulated heat in a burst of flames, the stronger the host, the stronger the breath."

In the middle of the week, Tianmei went to the student council room to receive new orders regarding work.

-Tell me, do you want to study at Kuoh?

Sona asked, to fulfil her desire to unify the demons in one school, she first had to see how to break the barriers of money in the human world and, seeing this foreign gardener working diligently and making no trouble, Sona Sitri thought there would be no problem.

-The young lady must be joking, how could I...?

Sona raised her hand, a smile appeared on her beautiful face.

-In fact, you can do your gardening job part-time, neither will the salary or the treatment you receive be reduced.

Tianmei was surprised. Had he been found out?

However, that was impossible and Tianmei returned to his usual calm.

-Even so, I must refuse, the lady is very kind to this humble foreigner who only wants to work and live a peaceful life.

Sona Sitri sighed at Tianmei's answer, that made no sense.

After Tianmei withdrew, Momo came in and bowed.

-Did you find out anything?

Momo shook her head.

-It seems that Rias is being too paranoid about her wedding, there's nothing special about this gardener, he's just an ordinary human who wants to live a peaceful life, we should stop it and concentrate on what's really important.

For Tianmei, secretly gathering strength while licking boots is the most important thing, but, how could he ignore this world with so many magical things?

Tianmei was very interested in Raynare's artifact harvesting method, at the same time, he was determined to steal a powerful holy artifact, perhaps that of some antagonist who has not accumulated strength.

But, to do so in his current state was tantamount to courting death, he first had to complete a mission and build up some more strength before going incognito to hunt Raynare.

There was also the possibility of becoming an angel, fallen angel or demon, but Tianmei denied this possibility, because, it would go against what he wants which is to build up strength in secret.

When no one expects it, he would jump like a reincarnated god, although he is neither a god, nor a demon king, just a man who is a simple gardener.

Another week quickly passed.

...

...

...

"HERO OF THE SHIELD world dungeon event, hit Fitoria... time remaining 1 week".

-What?... You want me to hit the queen of the philolial?

Tianmei said, he opened his eyes in a concentration camp, his gardener's attire stood out like an orange colour among so much metal, around him there are several soldiers with spears and shields like in the old tales.

Tianmei looked up.

-Spirals, purple colour, storms...