Chapter 7: Kazuya's love

The man continued to scream from the pain, at the same time, Tianmei noticed something from within his burnt flesh, although it was slight, it was regenerating.

All of Tianmei's upper clothing had been burnt and, his skin black from the burnt cloth, but, he soon regenerated, this is his regeneration ability obtained from the special zombie.

Tianmei endured the pain and quickly grabbed the man, shook him like a rag, and squeezed the young man's neck.

After inspecting, Tianmei's eyes widened in surprise.

-I know you... you're Kibe, an awakened one?

Tianmei was stunned, this man was Kazuya's friend in the original book, but, now he was an awakened?, what was he doing here?

Tianmei gritted his teeth when he saw that the bleeding man didn't respond.

Tianmei squeezed Kibe's neck harder, his steel rod pointed at Kibe's crotch.

-Tell me now what you were doing in this cellar!

Tianmei exclaimed, but Kibe in front of him gritted his teeth with hatred, he was on the verge of using another fire breath and, Kibe's neck made a distinct noise, Tianmei had squeezed it so hard that, Kibe simply couldn't take it.

Tianmei sighed in annoyance, he moved a little deeper into the basement.

As if it were a crime scene, Tianmei found a blonde person tied to a cross.

Tianmei's eyes sharpened.

This woman's blonde hair was dyed white and red, her face was tilted downwards, her lips were parched, her breasts had been cut off and then the big wound was burnt like two circles on her breasts where before, surely, there were two big maces of flesh, but, now they only looked like the burnt chest of a man, the exposed guts connected to various devices that kept her alive, the bottom part was completely cut open, the legs that were amputated were replaced with two fat and bleeding pig's legs, mixing a woman with a pig.

Tianmei wanted to vomit, but she approached, she was on the verge of voting for lunch, although he never ate a lunch.

The woman raised her head, a beautiful face despite the bruises and the bad condition greeted Tianmei.

-Are you Mami Nanami?

Tianmei said as his eyes widened like saucers.

Mami whispered something, it was too low, impossible to hear unless she was next to the woman.

Tianmei hesitated for a second before carefully approaching.

-Where is the traitor?

Tianmei has a solemn expression, she was in front of Mami Nanami, this woman who abandoned Kazuya in the original book.

Although Tianmei was confused, he wasn't an idiot.

-If you mean Kibe he's dead... he should never have messed with me, Tianmei.

Mami Nanami smiled faintly, her lips on the verge of cracking in a dry heave.

-What happened?

Tianmei asked.

A minute later.

"Congratulations on discovering the motivation of the infiltrator in the defence forces, you get dragon breath."

Tianmei walked away, behind him, Mami Nanami had stopped breathing.

In fact, he had discovered more than he wanted to, the truth of why the dungeon had gotten out of control.

Although the awakened in this city were weak, they could still hold out for at least a day, the truth was that Kibe the traitor had conspired to get them all killed, he had captured a female awakened that is Mami Nanami, he had been torturing her in the worst ways for the past few days and, the motivation behind it all was... being rejected by women, hatred towards women for not being popular with them.

Tianmei climbed the stairs to the top.

Her state is calm and collected, though... he could still feel pity for Mami Nanami's end at Kibe's hands.

Normally, it only took one stimulus for a simple man to become unhinged, and that was power.

If someone who was normally kind acquired a power, there was no telling whether he would remain kind after obtaining it.

Kibe an ugly man who had been rejected by several women became an awakened one, a man who gained power and let his true appearance come out.

As he climbed up, Kazuya and Chizuru's screams were now less audible, so Tianmei made his way to the top.

When he arrived, he saw Kazuya hugging a rotting corpse, Chizuru hugging another corpse, and Ruka next to Kazuya.

-Will you leave me alone!?, how can you even understand!?, go and offer your dirty ass to someone else and leave me alone!?

Kazuya yelled at Ruka when she was trying to calm him down.

Ruka ducked his head, tears running down his face like rivers.

Ruka gritted her teeth and ran towards the exit only to see Tianmei standing there like an impenetrable wall.

-Are you leaving?

Tianmei's question made Ruka collapse to the ground, she feels confused, non-existent and without purpose. What was a weak girl like her to do in this evil world?

Tianmei glanced at Kazuya before slowly walking towards Kazuya and speaking calmly.

-I don't know what words to say to comfort you.....

-Then don't do it!

Kazuya shouted when he saw Tianmei near him.

-It's all your fault, if only you had let them recruit you as an awakened and trained, the zombies would never get out of the dungeon!

Kazuya shouted as he approached Tianmei to hit him.

But, how could he do that?

Tianmei grabbed Kazuya's hand in the air.

-So what?, you want me to go back in time?

Tianmei's words made Kazuya startle and duck his head.

-Just kill me.

Kazuya's whisper made Tianmei raise an eyebrow.

-Do you want to die?, why?

-What aren't you seeing?, my grandmother is dead, I'm a failed man, I masturbate thinking about fantasies, I work at a damn fast food stand.... what more do you want from me?

Tianmei narrowed his eyebrows.

-It's not me you should ask that, but it's not impossible, I can do it, but there's a requirement.

-What is it?

Kazuya asked with annoyance.

The metal rod in Tianmei's right hand pointed at Ruka crying on the ground.

-Go and tell her that you love her, that... you will spend the rest of your life with her.

At this point, Tianmei was hesitant to complete the mission, Kazuya was in a chaotic state and only had a few days left.

Then, why not try to get Kazuya to say he loves Ruka to see what happens?

-Jaja, are you sorry to see that little girl crying?

At Kazuya's question, Tianmei made a "go ahead" expression.

Kazuya approached Ruka, his body bent down seeing Ruka crying on the floor.

-I really don't deserve you... I...

Kazuya hesitated, why was it so complicated to say it?, he just wanted to disappear, however, it felt chaotic.

Kazuya looked at Tianmei for a moment, he sighed, and after look to Ruka for a moment.

-I really love you, I will spend the rest of my life with you.