Chapter 4: Gaining the trust of the protagonists?

Kazuya cursed in his heart and his face turned red.

-There's canned food over there.

Tianmei went to the direction where Kazuya pointed, saw some dried meat, some nuts and water.

-Hmph, this is good for surviving in the open, by the way, kid, will you stop by your family?

Tianmei said, he was not ashamed to take things from a man he had just met, in times of war, he who is not an enemy is a reliable ally.

-My grandmother and... A girl. Will you come with me?

Kazuya whispered.

-Of course!, I also have my own interests and they should be on the same line as you.

Once confirmed, they both left in the direction of the next room.

-Is Chizuru home?-

Tianmei said in his mind, Kazuya knocked on the door as he waited with an anxious expression, Tianmei was behind him with a backpack full of supplies.

A person came out wearing a green combat suit, a camping backpack and ready for the journey.

-Kazuya, and... You?

-I'm an ally.

Tianmei said decisively.

He had to admit, Chizuru's beauty in front of him was simply out of this world, the girls in the DxD academy weren't even up to his standards, at least, the girls Tianmei has seen, since he hasn't come across any memorable girls in the DxD world.

-Since we have the same goals, forming a group is better than going alone, first the hospital to pick up the grandmothers and then escape the city.

Kazuya intervened.

Even though the military should have already secured the elders in the hospital, Kazuya and Chizuru wouldn't be at ease until they saw them in person.

-Why carry two broomsticks?

Tianmei had a puzzled smile at Chizuru's question.

-Kazuya!

A person came running up, ran up the stairs with speed and... hugged Kazuya.

This was a beautiful girl with big curves and prominent breasts, black hair and a face shaped by angels.

This is Ruka who was wearing a black survival suit with a survival backpack.

The screams of several people in the vicinity alarmed the group, soon they heard the sound of several bones being broken and the death of several civilians not too far away.

-How is that possible?, where are the awakened?

Kazuya said as he watched from the railing as several zombie-like monsters were walking at a slow pace.

Tianmei felt that his knowledge of this dungeon-world was simply rubbish in this place, it wasn't a peaceful world, it was overrun by monsters, dungeons and, soon it seemed like everything was in chaos.

-Those dogs! They consume the city's resources to train and just run away like trash!

Ruka shouted in aggravation, the awakened were cared for like treasures by a city and now, when they needed them most, they were defeated or escaped and the monsters escaped from the dungeon as soon as the dungeon appeared, or at least that's what it looked like looking at the current situation.

Chizuru covered her mouth with her delicate hands, tears starting to run down her eyes.

-Kazuya, you have a good girl, you should take care of her.

Tianmei said as she watched Ruka hug Kazuya and gave him a serious look.

-Come behind me and let me, Tianmei, take care of these guys.

Tianmei said, he had the sword concussion skill and, in this world where you couldn't kill these zombies with modern weapons, his skill should work, right?

Tianmei guessed, anyway, if it didn't work he died and went back to DxD, it was either try or let the zombies kill him.

-What the fuck are you talking about?

Kazuya asked Tianmei who was coming down the stairs.

-I'm an awakened who never went to the army.

Tianmei replied, as a person who has the dungeon system and otaku in the afterlife, it wasn't too complicated to understand the logic of this world.

Saying that he was an awakened who never made himself known was a good option to make Kazuya trust him, thus also gaining points in Chizuru and Ruka's hearts, perhaps, after going through hardships together, he could make Kazuya fall in love with Ruka and complete the system mission.

As for if his sword concussion ability wasn't good enough to affect these zombies, Tianmei would return to the other world, it wouldn't affect him much.

Chizuru, Ruka and Kazuya's faces were shocked for a moment before quickly chasing after Tianmei, if this person was telling the truth, they could still reach the hospital and free their grandmothers, perhaps, escaping wouldn't be too far in the distance.

As for whether Tianmei was telling the truth or not, it didn't matter, they would die anyway, it was better to die fighting than to wait for death.

Tianmei advanced forward with the two broomsticks as swords, his legs became swift as he charged towards the dozen Zombies in front of him.

Tianmei's mind went into a frenzy as she reached a metre in front of the Zombies, the two broomsticks in Tianmei's hands glowed with a blue light.

-Sword Shock!

Tianmei shouted at the same time as the two broomsticks in his hands moved rapidly tearing the first Zombie into small pieces.

Surprised, Tianmei wasted no time, using the sword concussion to move to the left in a sword dance.

Tianmei slashed two Zombies and felt like his brain would explode, however, with a little effort, his body moved, shedding the other Zombies.

The two broomsticks now just two burnt stakes at the tip, Tianmei breathed quickly as he fell to the ground from exhaustion, his eyes became heavy and everything went dark.

...

...

...

An hour later...

The beautiful figure of a woman with perfect measurements was what greeted Tianmei once he woke up.

His blurry eyes soon cleared, revealing the woman in front of him.

-Chizuru?

Chizuru smiled, her delicate hand brushed aside the hair in front of her and, handed Tianmei a bottle of water.

-What a powerful ability, what is it called?

Tianmei took the bottle while thinking for a moment.

-Sword Shock, it's a double sword attack.

Chizuru opened her eyes in understanding, however, a feeling of resentment and reluctance shone within her eyes.

-The best awakened man in the city could barely throw a small fireball that wouldn't even kill a Zombie...-

Chizuru's eyes narrowed. He had seen the Awakened's displays of power on television, and the best of them wasn't even comparable to a level one mage in a video game.

-Why can't they kill them with modern weapons?

Tianmei changed the subject.

-It's a joke, a joke from the creator to us, a real stupid joke.

Kazuya interjected with annoyance.