022

CH 22:HER AUTHENTIC SELF

CH 22:
HER AUTHENTIC SELF

——
"My wings don't spread like they used to, But I wanna fly with you"

——"My wings don't spread like they used to, But I wanna fly with you"

Harlem, NY; 7:02 am

April 26th, THURSDAY.

MYONA USED HER palm to smooth her hair that was in a natural high ponytail today since her hair wasn't done. It was the first time in her whole life that she had showed up to school the way she was.

She always had her hair done, and she never dressed down, yet she was only wearing a pink bape jacket with gray sweat pants and her pink crocs with charms all over them.

Some how she was still able to pull it off to it's full ability even with her hair not done. She had taken her island twists out yesterday, and didn't get her hair done. Myona was the type to miss school to get her hair done, but after a sequence events that wouldn't be able to be done today.

After a long talk it was decided jabria would finish off her senior year at myonas school while staying with them, then when she graduated if rightfully so, she would then most likely go back to New Jersey with her mother to get her life in order.

Myona was the only person that could keep her on track and that was easily acknowledged so it was no question if that was the smart thing to do.

On top of that, yona also had a test for her first block which was advanced academics that wouldn't be able to be made up unless she stayed after school, and she would never.

Today would be Jabrias first day, and since myona didn't necessarily feel like attending school due to her hair she didn't even dress to impress. It was just one of those days where she wasn't in the mood.

Beside her was her seventeen year old cousin Jabria. She wasn't necessarily dressed down like her cousin, sporting a baby blue polo shirt with black cargos and her university fours. Her hair still looking fresh from her two strand twists thanks to Lala.