𝟔 ~ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

As the hours slipped by and we reached my apartment, Zeremy remained unconscious and unresponsive for a staggering three hours, an occasion that had me increasingly worried.

I sat on the bed next to her, my concern and worry growing with each passing moment as we watched over her in silence. Marc, Jake, and Layla were having their own conversation nearby, and I could overhear their words even as I focused my attention on Zeremy. They were discussing the events that had just transpired, as well as their own thoughts and feelings surrounding Zeremy's present situation.

They appeared to be quite frightened, as if they feared that Zeremy would once again unleash her power in a similar fashion if or when she regained consciousness. In addition to their worry and concern, there was a noticeable hint of apprehension in their demeanor, as if they were concerned about the prospect of Zeremy losing control yet again.

It was a difficult situation indeed, and it seemed as if we would have to remain on high alert until Zeremy would eventually awaken.

I continued to watch over Zeremy, who remained unconscious and unresponsive, I allowed my eyes to slowly trail over her form, taking in every last detail of her appearance and features. My eyes locked on her form as I gently caressed her head, my mind and heart still filled with affection for her despite all that had transpired. I was cognizant of the fact that I still had feelings for her despite everything that had transpired, and I was determined to do whatever I could to assist her, no matter the circumstances. I was unwilling to abandon her to her fate and was determined to do what I could to help her regain her composure and sense of self.

After a prolonged gap of silence, Marc, Jake, and Layla finally approached me, having concluded their previous discussion. Their expressions remained concerned, and they appeared to be equally worried about Zeremy's well-being.

"Do you think she's going to be okay?" Layla inquired, her worry evident in her tone and expression as she took a seat next to Zeremy opposite of me on the bed. I mirrored her concern with my response.

"I don't know. It's been hours since we arrived, and she's still not awake yet," I responded with a sigh, my concern apparent. Our worries were warranted, and we all grew increasingly anxious with each passing second as the reality of the situation slowly dawned on us.

"You think you can handle her once she's awake?" Marc questioned, his concern and care evident in his voice. He was aware of my previous interactions with Zeremy and the feelings that I harbored for her, and he made it clear that he was willing to stick with me in case Zeremy would prove to be a challenge in her current, altered state.

"We can stay if you needed us while she's not awake," Jake offered, his words mirroring the sentiments of both Marc and Layla. We all had become aware of the potential dangers that Zeremy posed in her current condition.

"Thanks, but..."

Suddenly a groaning sound came from Zeremy herself. We all seemed to collectively hold our breath at the discovery, waiting to see if this would be another mirage or if Zeremy truly had regained consciousness.

"W-What... What happened?"

"She's awake!" Jake exclaimed with relief, his voice cutting through the still tension in the air. We could no longer contain our excitement, and we turned towards Zeremy with great trepidation.

She was finally back, but would things truly be the same as they once were?

"Zeremy! Oh God, you're awake."

Finally having my wish come to fruition, I embraced Zeremy tightly, reveling in the comforting warmth and feeling of her petite form in my arms. The duration of the hug was longer than I had anticipated, a factor that I believed to be quite strange in retrospect. I quickly pulled back in a flurry of emotions, feeling both embarrassed and uncertain as to how Zeremy would react to the current situation