𝟐𝟏 ~ 𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

"Oh my God... Congrats!!"

Layla's voice was high-pitched filled with excitement, her eyes sparkling with joy as she listened to me as I revealed that Zeremy and I were official. Her reaction seemed genuine, and she seemed to be genuinely happy for us. Her enthusiasm about my relationship with Zeremy was apparent, and I couldn't help but feel grateful for her support.

On the other hand, however, Marc, sitting next to Layla, seemed less enthusiastic and interested. His lackluster response was obvious, as I sat across from them, trying to understand why he wasn't more excited about our relationship.

"You and Zeremy? For real?" Marc questioned, his voice laced with concern and a lack of interest in our relationship. His tone caught me off guard, and I could sense the subtle tension in the air as he broached the topic of my relationship with Zeremy.

I know that Marc and Zeremy have a history of not getting along. I can sense the tension between them... but I don't know why. There are likely some reasons behind their dislike for each other that I am not privy to. Regardless of whether Marc dislikes or even hates Zeremy, there's still a hint of care and concern there between the two of them. Although I knew that Marc was not very excited about my relationship with Zeremy, I didn't let it get to me. I was happy and in love, and that was all that mattered. He remained silent, his eyes studying me intently as he processed the information. I could see a subtle shift in his demeanor, his initial indifference giving way to a newfound interest in my relationship with Zeremy.

"Yeah," I replied, my cheeks flushing with a faint blush as I spoke about Zeremy, unable to hide my small, shy smile. "I really liked her and she told me the same thing too before I made a move," I continued, my heart skipping a beat at the thought of finally confessing my feelings to her. I wanted to make her mine, to show her how much I cared about her, and to finally begin building a future together.

With her, I could be my true self, and she wouldn't judge me for my past mistakes.

Marc shifted his sitting position, leaning forward and fixing his gaze intently on me, his expression becoming serious and focused. It had been Marc who I had first confided in about my feelings for Zeremy, and he had been more than willing to help me confess and win her heart. I was thankful for his willingness to help me but as I looked into his serious expression, I sensed and couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right as his serious expression made me feel uneasy.

Something had changed.

Marc's voice took on a sense of accusation and seriousness as he spoke, his words causing me to tense up and listen carefully. "Look, Steven. Just be careful around her," Marc repeated, his eyes boring into mine. "You know that she still can't control her power. What if she accidentally burns your whole apartment and yourself if she loses control again, just like last time?" I knew that Marc was speaking the truth and trying to warn me, but the tone of his voice felt like an attack on my relationship with Zeremy.

Zeremy once almost took down the museum, and what if something like that happens to me, especially now that we are a couple? I know that it won't happen, right? She's been through a lot and we've worked together to help her manage her powers. My trust in her, and my relationship with her, meant everything to me and I wouldn't let anything come between us. Deep down, I had to admit that there was some level of danger involved in being close to Zeremy. But I couldn't help feeling hopeful that everything would be alright and that she would continue to keep herself under control, especially now that we were officially together.

She would never hurt me.

She wouldn't.

Jake entered the room and approached us, his cocky and relaxed attitude evident in his tone and expression. He spoke with a nonchalant voice, addressing Marc. "Oh come on, hermano. Chill out," he said, his words filled with a playful arrogance. "Zeremy is cool." With a casual motion, he threw himself into an armchair, making himself comfortable as he joined the conversation.