𝟐𝟐 ~ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

My work counter at the gift shop was filled with countless rolling papers and food trash, and I suspected that a certain bully colleague must have been behind it. An uncomfortable feeling stirred in my stomach, sending shivers down my spine and causing a slight tremble in my hands. I instantly knew who the culprit was, and I was fed up with their relentless bullying.

I took a deep breath, doing my best to maintain composure as I looked at the mess left by my bully. I cursed silently, bitterness welling up inside me as I began cleaning. A mix of anger and helplessness filled me as I muttered to myself while gathering the endless rolling papers. I glanced around the room, noticing the people laughing and pointing at me. Discomforting whispers and giggles reached my ears as I continued cleaning.

Why do they have to pick on me always?

As I diligently cleaned the counter, I paused when I picked up the blood-stained rolling papers from the keyboard. I furrowed my brows in confusion, attempting to decipher the meaning behind the blood. I turned the papers over in my hands, a look of concern etched across my face, as I pondered where the blood might have come from.

Curiosity piqued, I cautiously decided to try and look at what lay beneath the blood-soaked papers.

Shock washed over me as I stumbled backward, dropping the papers in my hands, and my face paled significantly. My heart pounded in my chest, the rate of its palpitations increasing rapidly as I stared in horror at the lifeless rat. Disbelief gripped me, making it difficult to process the gruesome sight before me. A wave of revulsion and unease swept through my mind as I struggled to comprehend the scene before me. A nauseous feeling stirred in my stomach, prompting me to instinctively cover my mouth with my hand, desperately trying to suppress the rising urge to vomit. My heart pounded in my chest, the sickening sensation in my stomach intensifying with every passing moment.

"Oh my god..." I whispered, my face contorted in panic as a wave of nausea washed over me. The sickening smell of fresh blood assaulted my nostrils, worsening the already churning sensation in my stomach.

My heart sank as I heard footsteps approaching, and my stomach churned with a sickening feeling. I instantly knew who the bully was, and as I turned to face him, I saw him standing there with his arms crossed, a mocking smirk on his face. A wave of dread washed over me, as I braced myself for whatever was to come.

The bully's voice cut through the air, his words dripping with mockery. "What's the matter, Stevie?" he sneered, a snicker escaping his lips. "Seen something you don't like?" The group of people surrounding us burst into giggles, their amusement evident as they feasted on my discomfort.

My anxiety shot through the roof as I heard the bully's taunting voice. A lump formed in my throat, and the pit in my stomach grew even larger. I attempted to keep my cool, striving to maintain a steady voice. I could feel the heat creeping up my face, a mixture of embarrassment and anger causing my cheeks to flush. I despised how the bully had the uncanny ability to mock and humiliate me effortlessly in front of an audience. I longed to defend myself, to retort with biting words, but the words got caught in my throat, refusing to come out. Instead, I nervously clenched my hands into fists at my sides, feeling powerless and vulnerable in the face of his audacity.

"H-how could you..." I stuttered weakly, the shakiness in my voice evident as I struggled to compose myself. A wave of anger washed over me as I mustered the courage to speak. "You cruel bastard!" I managed to blurt out, my voice betraying my inner turmoil.

The bully chuckled sadistically, reveling in the fear he was evoking in me. He took a step closer, his smirk growing wider as he observed my obvious distress. "Oh, come on, Steven," he countered, taking yet another step forward. "You're such an easy target." The bully's voice dripped with sarcasm as he continued, "You're too timid, too easy to tease. Why wouldn't I pick on you? You make it so damn easy." With each word, he drew closer, relishing in his perceived power over me.