Sparks Fly

Chapter 11 - Sparks Fly

We walked to the classroom and I saw Flynn right away. I smiled genuinely at him. I wonder if Mason told him yet. Will he hate me too? He smiled back and nodded, almost reassuringly, so I took that as a good sign.

Maybe he doesn't know yet? 

Well, hopefully he'll back me up with Austin still. I'd hate what issues I have with Mason to get in the way of our friendship. Flynn was a nice guy and a good friend. I really liked him. He was fun to be around. And he did save me a few times.

Here's hoping he at least still talks to me.

I sat down in the same spot as always. Lisa was beside me and Flynn was behind me. I felt a little tense with Flynn behind me. He was Mason's Beta. Of course he knew.  They were best friends. Lisa knew, that probably meant Flynn knew.

I sat silently in my seat, folding my arms over my chest and setting my eyes on the desk. I was trying to clear my mind. I often over thought things, and right now, over thinking was making the pain worse. I just wanted to forget about everything for an hour. 

"Psst!" a voice whispered behind me.

I turned around. Flynn was leaning forward in his seat, arms crossed on the desk. "How are you doing?" he whispered seriously.

I smiled sheepishly. "He told you?"

Flynn nodded solemnly. 

"Is he alright?" I asked in a whisper. Lisa saw me talking to Flynn and heard what I said, judging by the saddened look that overcame her. 

A corner of Flynn's mouth turned up slightly, like it was forced. Then he shrugged. "He's confused..."

I sighed. "Is he here today?"

Flynn nodded. "He's still worried about Austin. He wouldn't leave you alone to defend yourself."

"So we're still friends?" I asked hopefully.

Flynn smirked and nodded. "Always, little spitfire!" he whispered with a smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks."

He nodded. 

Mr. Richie walked in at that moment and set himself behind his desk. "Good morning class. How are we today? Don't answer. I don't really care..."

Lisa and I raised our eyebrows when we looked at each other.

'Ouch' she mouthed to me and I smiled, holding in a laugh. What crawled up his butt today?

Just then Austin walked through the door. He really doesn't care about being late to his father's class, does he? He must really hate his father to embarrass him like this. Having your own son late to your own class? No wonder Mr. Richie was in such a poor mood. I'd hate to have Austin as a son too. As a friend, a boyfriend...hell, I just hate the guy!

Austin smirked at me as he walked past, his hand grazed my shoulder and I slapped it away. Flynn growled low behind me when he did that.

Austin sat in front of me, like he did the other day, and once again I was burrowing a hole into his head. Unfortunately, unsuccessfully. He didn't have his sun glasses on today and his blue eyes stood out against his dark blue short sleeve shirt. He didn't have his leather jacket on today, and I finally got a good glimpse at his whole figure. He was well built, like he went to the gym daily. Like he worked for his figure, unlike the rest of the werewolves who were more or less born with theirs.