Chapter Four

It wasn't long until Ben quickly pulled up to Eliza's apartment. He jumped out of the car,not bothering to kill the engine,with his cellphone up to his ear.

"Alyssa are you still there"

The other side of the line remained silent for a moment until she spoke up "Y-Yes"

"Good,can you open the door"

"You're here" Alyssa asked with just a tint of happiness in her voice.

"Yes" Ben spoke as he bound up the steps two at a time.

Ben could faintly hear the sound of scuffling on the other side of the phone before the front door of Eliza's apartment opened slightly. Standing in front of him clad in a light pink pajama set,clutching a teddy bear was Alyssa. She stepped back as Ben made his way into the house.

"Is he still here" Ben asked as he knelt in front of her.

Alyssa shook her head and thrust herself onto Ben. "Thank you for coming"

"No problem kiddo"Ben spoke as he rubbed her back softly."Now let me go check on your mom"

Once she had pulled back from his grip and he closed the front door,Ben made his way towards the back of Eliza's apartment. He stopped in front of her door and knocked softly.

"Eliza"

Getting no answer,he knocked again

"Eliza"

Sighing softly Ben placed a hand on the door "I'm coming in"

Pushing the door open,Ben's eyes widen before he quickly rushed into the room. "Eliza"

*Several Hours Later*

She was drifting. Drifting in a nostalgic place where she couldn't feel anything or even hear anything.If it was up to her she would drift forever in this place.A place filled with no hurt,no pain,no tears,but she knewthat she couldn't.She had duties not only to her brother,mother,father, grandparents and daughter.How selfish could she be to stay in this dark void and leave her daughter to fend for herself. She had to pull through this dark heaven.

Green eyes fluttered open then squinted as she began to adjust to the lighting in the white room.She tried to make a move and sit on on the comfortable bed when a petite hand clamped its self to her shoulder.

"Hey now,take it easy Eliza"A soft voice spoke.

Green eyes snapped open to see a bright white light shining above her.Blinking several times her vision quickly cleared.Once everything was clear, she looked over to her left and sigh left her lips as her eyes fell on her mother.

Annabelle Carter was a fairly thin woman with a head full of strawberry blonde hair with strands of grey hairs poking out more that she had wishes,smiled at her daughter.

"Mother where am I" She asked

"Don't get worked up sweetheart,You're in the hospital"

"Hospital.Why am I in the hospi- as against her own wishes the events came flooding back.

Her baking a cake with Alyssa

Him showing up

Her crying

Then darkness

"He's h-

"Eliza I told you not to worry" Her mother spoke sternly."You're father and brother are handling it as we speak."

"Daddy's here too" She asked as she eased back onto the bed.

"Yes, of course.You know your father, and brother would do everything to protect you and Alyssa"