Chapter Eighteen

This chapter has been delayed for a good minute due to life barging through my front door...But nevertheless here is Chapter 18!!!Sorry for the little errors.....

Her emerald colored eyes fluttered opened just as she found herself submerged in the familiar sense of darkness yet again.This darkness was suppose to be a time of peace for her but yet she could not find any.Time would not even have to pass for Eliza to realize that she was tired of having to resort to the deepest part of her brains when her body could not adjust to the unforeseen events that were happening in her life.

"Mom"

Squinting her eyes slightly,the wheels in the back of her head started to turn as that unfamiliar voice resonated within her.

"Who are you"

"You don't know me yet mom but I know a lot about you"

A low gasp escaped through her lips as she slowly lowered her hands to her stomach  put all of those scrambled pieces together.

"Where are you at? "She spoke as she felt her chest tighten slightly."How are you here?"

"Calm down mom,I'm not really here,I'm just part of your subconscious."

"I don't-I can't understand why these things are happening to me.What did I do to deserve such a horrible past. I'm good to Alyssa,A devoted daughter and a honest to God good friend to my friends."

"I wish I could tell you mom but you're the only one who knows that answer to that question."

Eliza opened her mouth but quickly shut it as the sound of a woman crying caught both of their attention.

"W-Who is that?"

"Must be something that your brain wants you to see." The voice muttered just before a bright white light quickly blinded her,causing her to shield her eyes.Once the offending light had subsided,Eliza removed her hands and inhaled sharply as she found herself  back in her old room at her parents summer home. So many good memories had been made in this home during her childhood and adulthood and one bad memory.

Looking around the room,Eliza listened as the  woman let out another loud sob.Turning sharply to her left,Eliza's barefoot pressed softly against the plush carpet as she made her way towards the door,that lead to the adjoining bathroom.Eliza could hear as her breathing became slightly erratic as she placed her hand upon the door knob and turned it.

She knew what was on the other side of this door,She knew what was happening on the other side of that door,Hell that night would sometimes haunt her, but yet she couldn't understand why she was reliving this moment again.

Opening the door to the bathroom,Tears quickly wielded in her eyes as landed on her twenty-four year old self,sitting in the tub full of water with her right arm dangling off the arm of the tub with blood dripping profusely onto the tiled floor.

"Why Kyle,Why didn't you fucking listen to me" She muttered as she tilted her head backwards and stared up at the ceiling. "If only you would of listened to me."

"Eliza" She could hear Ethan call out in what seemed like a distance.

As Eliza stared into her former self,She could clearly see that the fight that clearly left her now dimly lit eyes and at that sight alone,Eliza couldn't help the tears as they flowed from her eyes and down her cheeks.