Chapter Thirteen

Eliza sighed deeply as she turned towards Ben and watched as his head titled to the side slightly as he stared blankly at the t.v.

"What are you thinking about Ben."

"What do you mean?"He asked as he continued to stare.

"You're looking at the t.v but you aren't looking at it."

"Just got somethings on my mind."

"Like what"

"Nothing that you should be worried about."

"Did something happen when I was asleep."

"No" He answered quickly causing her eyebrows to raise in slightly in curiosity.

"Then what is it Ben."

"Nothing."

Eliza couldn't do anything else but sigh gently before stretching gingerly and snuggling up closer to Ben as he stared intently at the hockey game.

"How long until everyone comes back."Eliza asked as she tore her gaze away from the t.v to the side of Ben's face.

He glanced in her direction before turning back towards the t.v "Should be coming back pretty soon."

"What happened to our little dinner."

"Got cancelled,I wasn't in the mood to deal with anymore people today."

"Including me."

Ben turned back in her direction and placed a kiss on her cheeks before returning his gaze back to the game. "Never."

"Good."

"Are you okay now."

Eliza nodded "I will be."

Turning back towards her slightly,Ben placed a hand upon her forehead and then on her cheeks. "You're pretty warm,Are you sure you're okay?"

"I think I should be asking you that,You don't seem to get along with Simon."

"No one gets along with him,He completely disregards other people's feelings and their privacy."

"I see but I do have another question though."

"What is it."

"Were you ever going to tell me about your baby."

Ben's forehead creased slightly as his gaze stayed locked onto the t.v "No."

"Why"

"Because that's none of your business besides I don't want to talk about it."

Eliza opened her mouth but quickly shut it as her phone vibrated wildly in her pocket.Sighing deeply,Eliza removed herself from Ben's side and quickly pulled out her phone.

"Hello."She answered as she rose from the couch and exited out of the room with Ben's eyes watching her every move. "What's wrong with her."

"Mom,Stop rambling and tell me what's wrong." Eliza sighed loudly."I don't understand why she would be upset ab-

Ben slowly got off of the couch and followed the sound of her voice and found her sitting on the bottom of the staircase biting the tip of her thumb.