Chapter Three

Eliza could feel herself getting more and more worked up as as they got closer and closer to Alyssa's school. She looked over to Ben,who was staring straight ahead at the road.She was somewhat pissed that the man wouldn't let her drive her own car but knowing the state that she was in,She would probably have half of New York's finest trailing after her until she got to her daughter. It wasn't but twenty minutes later when they pulled into the school's parking lot,and before Ben could even stop the car good,Eliza was already out of the car,rushing into the school. As she burst through the school's door,She found two police officer,one male and one female, standing outside of the school's main office talking quietly.

"Who are you Ms."The male police officer asked eyeing her carefully as she walked up to the police officers.

"My name is Elizabeth Carter and I just got a call about my daughter,Alyssa Carter"

"She's right this way" the female officer spoke as she ushered Eliza into the office.

"What happened" Eliza asked

"An unknown male made his way into the school,and approached your daughter"

"What did he do to her"Eliza sneered

"The nurse didn't find anything physically wrong with her,She's just a little shaken up"

"Ms.Carter"

Eliza looked over and saw Mrs.Delany,the school's principal,walking out of her office and towards her.

"Just what kind of school are you running here,letting any kind of man in here"she spoke with slight venom dripping off her tongue.

"Eliza"

Eliza looked back to see Ben looking at her with a look,telling her to calm down.

Eliza turned away from Ben and looked back at Mrs.Delany.

"He wasn't just some man Ms.Carter "Mrs.Delany spoke "He said that he was her father"

Eliza suddenly froze as her heart thudded wildly in her ears.

"W-What" Eliza spoke as she staggered slightly,causing Ben to step up and steady her.

"Yes ma'am,I remembered that you didn't have him listed as a emergency contact so I told him that there wasn't anything I could do without your permission"Ms.Delany spoke "He must of entered into the school when I had my back turned towards him."

"Where is my daughter now" Eliza asked

"Mommy"

Eliza turned slightly to see Alyssa standing in the doorway to Mrs.Delany's office,with tears brimming in her eyes. Sidestepping out of Ben's grip,Eliza walked over to her daughter,bent down and hugged her tightly. "Are you okay sweetie"

Alyssa nodded as she hugged her mother back tightly.Eliza placed several kisses on her daughter's head as a tear fell down her face. Picking her up,Eliza turned back towards Mrs.Delany and the police officer.

"I'm taking my daughter home" Eliza spoke.

Mrs.Delany nodded solemnly as the three of them walked out of the office and out of the school. Once they made it back to the car,Ben pulled out of the school's parking lot.

"Where am I going" Ben asked,glancing in the rearview mirror.

"87th street"Eliza spoke softly looking up from Alyssaa,who had quickly fell asleep."What about your car"

"I'll send for it when I make sure you get home safely"

Eliza nodded absentmindedly

"I'm not trying to pry into your life Eliza bu-