Chapter Five

Green eyes fluttered open as the rays from the sun came shining through the somewhat parted window, filling the then dark living room.Moving slightly,Eliza felt as a strong arm tighten up slightly around her midsection causing the poor woman to tense up.Tilting her head up slightly she saw Ben's head lying on the arm rest of the couch,sound asleep.Seeing that she wasn't in any kind of danger,She breathed a sigh of relief as she slowly waited on her body to relax fully so she could drift back off to sleep. Just as she was about to slip back into her nirvana when a phone vibrated violently on the hardwood floor. Eliza couldn't help the loud huff that passed through her lips as she tried to find the irritating device.

"It's my phone"Ben muttered sleepily causing Eliza to look up at him

"Don't you wanna answer it,It could someone important"

"It's not"

"I'd rather you answer it"

Hazel eyes opened and locked onto her green ones" I'll answer it,only if you let me cook you breakfast"

Eliza's eyes widen "What"

"You heard me,Let me cook breakfast for us and I'll answer the call"

"Uh"

"Come on Eliza,they're probably about to hang up"

She sighed "Fine,Now answer the phone"

Ben smiled as he grabbed the phone off of his chest and pressed the lime button.Using this as a chance to freshen up,Eliza slid out of his grip and excused herself to the bathroom.Just as she was about to step into the kitchen/living room she stopped as she listened in on the conversation between Ben and whoever was on the phone.

"Why are you so adamant when it comes to my love life....I know mom,How many times are you going to preach to me about settling down and giving you grandkids.....No mom,I'm not seeing anyone right now......There is this one girl.....No I'm not going to tell you her name....Because I'm not letting you and Sasha into my love life again.....I know....Mom!......Fine her name is Elizabeth and she's not black"

Eliza found her face turn slightly red.

'Maybe he's talking about me'

"Mom I gotta go,I'm making breakfast.....Ok,I'll see you next week....Love you too,Bye"

Ben huffed slightly as he placed the cellphone on the island before rubbing his hands over his face.

"Is everything okay"Eliza asked as she made her presence known.

Ben looked in her direction "Yeah peachy"

"What are you making chef"Eliza laughed as she noticed an array of ingredients on a counter "You'll see eventually"

Eliza huffed loudly " Mystery food always sounds lovely,Would you like any help"

Ben smiled "Sure,I just need you to sit in that chair and let me work my magic in the kitchen"

She frowned "No fair" she spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Life isn't fair,now could you sit please"

Eliza threw a glare his way before taking a seat at the dining table.The two chatted for a minute while Ben finished up the waffles.