❤️Eight: Troubled waters❤️

Enzo sat across the room on the cushion. He's head buried deep into the bunch of papers he was holding. It had been several days now and yet no news.

The palace walls were beginning to give way to fear.

Enzo's heart worried and wandered. His eyes darting.
He had written to Ecuador but the letter kept being returned each time and that made him worry. Surely Luca would have written to him by now.

He also remembered that Amelia had told him, she wrote to Eleanor but the letter had also been returned.

One thing he noticed was that the seal of the letters had be broken each time they were returned. It meant that someone was infact reading them but also not delivering them.

It made him rage. He had no idea who their present enemy who aside Jose and the allies they had. Jose was west wing and all the small kingdoms which were allies were also on the west wing.

Buh Luca had gone east! His mind reminded him.

Why?

No answer had been provided.

His eyes diverted to his wife.

He smiled as he observed her outstanding features.

She was engrossed in her knitting, she barely noticed his gaze on her.

"You are beautiful" he complimented gaining her attention.

She seems startled. Wondering why and how he had complimented her.

She smiled, return her eyes to the activity right before her.

He stood up and walked to where she sat by the window and knelt down before her

"Do you require company your highness?" She asked.

She noticed how tired he was.

"I believe I do" he smiled at her.

She dropped her knitting tools on the table, turn back to him and placed her hands on his cheeks. She looked at him for a while before planting a kiss on his lips.

"It is almost noon, lunch is being served" she whispered

He groaned as he got on his feet

"I shall ask the servants to have the food delivered here" he said returning back to the cushion he had been seated

Amelia got her feet and walked towards him

"We have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner in here for several days now! You need to go outside" she said holding his hands

"I cannot face them!" He said lowly

"Luca is as much as their brother as he is yours!" She reminded him

"They do not care for him" he groaned

"Enzo! I do not know why all of this affects you badly but you need your family " she said worriedly

Enzo cast his gaze upon her

" You are beautiful " he said again

" I have been told many times " she smiled

" Shall we? " He asked, standing up and offering his hands to her

She nodded as they walked out of the chambers to the large dining hall.

The king and everyone else were already seated.

They all fell silent when Enzo and Amelia walked in.

" Enzo! How pleasant of you to join us" the king acknowledged.