❤️ Thirteen: Beautiful arrivals❤️

It was already past 8 in the foggy morning and Amelia sat at the dressing table. Rachel's hands running through her thick hair and weaving it into a nice french plait, attaching beautiful accessory pins by the side. Amelia hummed whilst Rachel continued to work on her hair. An unconscious wave of nausea hit her and she quickly rushed for the bowl that stood beside the dresser and emptied the contents of her stomach. She exhaled once she was done.

Rachel had a scowl on her face. A mere expression of disgust and no empathy what so ever. Her eyebrows furrowed as Amelia was hit by another wave of nausea. Amelia sniffed.

"Call for the prince!" Amelia demanded in almost a whisper.

Rachel barely even bowed in courtesy. She simply took a lazy turn towards the large doors of the chambers and strolled out. Her intentions clearly the opposite of Amelia's urgent demand. She was going to find Enzo of course, but not to inform him of Amelia's ill health. It had been two months since she began serving Amelia and Enzo would not even spare her a glance.

Amelia struggled to stand whilst she walked towards the bed that stood in the middle of her room. Fatigue gripping her by the knees and her hands shaky as the leaves. She heard footsteps and with so much struggle, she was able to meet his gaze. His beautiful hazel eyes. She smiles weakly.

"You are breathtaking!" He complimented in a husky voice, walking to where she sat and placing a gentle kiss on her hair.

As much as she tried she could only give him a quick smile.

"You look unwell" he observed with concern in his eyes

"I believe the babies are unsettled" she said taking very deep breaths.

"you have been out of sight" she continued. Enzo chuckled. He loved that she was expressive whenever she felt starved of his attention.

"I have been in the study with the king!" Enzo answered her. Taking her hands into his

"how is he?" She asked remembering she had barely seen much of the king. She felt a slight pain but chose to ignore.

" He fares well! There's is to be a ball, the coronation ball" he said laying more emphasis on the 'coronation'. Amelia nodded. Enzo had only been declared heir in court but it was necessary for him to be declared heir to the people.

" Basthood will have a new King" she whispered and let out a frustrated groan. There was fear in Enzo's eyes. Amelia's face was suddenly red and her skin pale.

"Luigi! " He called out. Holding her hands as she began to cry out increasingly in pain.

Luigi ran into the chambers, perplexed at the sight of Amelia groaning in an unspeakable kind of pain. The babies were fighting to be let out.

"Amelia seems to be......" He was interrupted by another one of her screams. She could not hold it for as long as she thought she could.

"I must call for the physician at once" Luigi said in panic rushing out of the room and almost knocking down the queen, who was on entering the room.

"Apologies your highness" he apologized not caring to look back.

Amelia let out another cry of pain. Queen Anne rushed to her side, taking her other hand into hers and running her free hand up and down Amelia's back.

" You must breathe dearest " Anne tried to soothe her but Amelia did clearly the opposite.

" She cannot do this without a doctor! She needs opium! " Enzo barked as he let go of Amelia's hands and rushed out of the room.

" Get out of my path! " He screamed at the maids that stood in his way...

Dario ran to him almost immediately.