❤️ Fifteen: The ball❤️

Amelia was more beautiful that she had ever been. She was always beautiful. A rare epitome of beauty. An ethereal beauty as Enzo would prefer. But tonight she glowed. He had made the right choice about the ball gown. The fabric was a lavender silk to match the decor of the Aubrey hall the ball was being held. The bodice and sleeves of the dress had be adorned with pearls. And the pair of emerald earrings only have a glorious look to the entire outfit. Enzo had gifted her the pair of emerald earrings the night before the ball and she vividly remembered the tears that rolled down her cheeks. The emerald coated crown stood perfectly on her neatly plaited hair. Enzo often stole glances at her as they stood by the entrance of the hall welcoming the guest that trooped in to grace the ball. He was dying to tell her how beautiful she was. Moreso he was dying to be alone wither, capturing her lips in kisses that would last long enough to leave her lips sore. He struggled with these thoughts and kept himself composed. She was graceful as she welcomed the guests. Smiling genuinely at them as they bowed and she nodded.

"The duke and duchess of Haywood" the butler announced.

The elegant looking duke and his extraordinarily beautiful wife walked in, bowing in courtesy to Amelia and Enzo. Amelia admires their humility as they were advanced in age.

"We are pleased that you have found us worthy to grace the occasion" the duke spoke eloquently

"Please receive our warm welcome" Amelia spoke and they walked pass them into the better view of the hall.

"Lord and Lady Bute" came the butler's deep voice.

Enzo frowned on hearing his name. And then he walked in. Bowing with his wife. Amelia simply gave a smile. It wasn't genuine as she still did not like the man.

"Lord and Lady Naismith" the butler announced after lord Bute had walked away.

"Oh it is a ravishing ball your highness!" Lady Naismith compliment earning a smile from Amelia.

"We are thankful!" Enzo answered and they walked away

The butler cleared his throat, ready to announce the next set of guest.

" The Viscount, Anthony Edward Derrington and the viscountess Agatha Derrington "

"it is a pleasure your highnesses " came Anthony's remark. Enzo nodded in response as they walked away.

"The dowager duchess of Hastings, Prudence Feathers" the butler's voice came again. The old duchess walked in with her nose in the air. Amelia had heard tales about the woman's unruly behavior. She barely even bowed before she strolled casually into the hall. Amelia and Enzo exchanged glances before smiling to themselves.

"His royal majesty, King George of Dorania and her royal majesty Queen Charlotte"

Amelia was elated upon hearing the arrival of her parents. She had been so busy that she had not met with them when they arrived earlier!

"Father!" Came her excited voice that caused Enzo to chuckle

"Dearest!" Her mother planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh how Motherhood suits you right! I cannot wait to meet my grandchildren!" Her mother said excited as well. Amelia smiled widely and even wider when Ara and Audrey walked into clear view.

"Sister!" Came Ara's loud but melodious voice. Amelia embraced her. And then Audrey!

"I shall see you after the ball" she told them as they nodded before they walked away.

The butler cleared his throat again.

" The Lord smy-smith of the smy-smith estate and her royal highness, Princess Ariel of Dorania " he announced.