CHAPTER 7: The Story Of Two Broken Kids

Mason's POV

I awoke feeling terrified, and to hear the sound of a woman or, girl screaming. I imediantly got up at the speed of light, and begin to look for my little sister; Sara. I was terrified that, that Amy woman took her from me, or he found us. But I found my sister, silently sleeping besides me. She was unharmed thank the Lord for that much.

Her leg was even fixed, and propped up. For a slight second I thought to myself, "Maybe these people are trying to help me, and Sara. ". Then I remembered how my foster parents would do the same thing but, only try to hurt us later. I can't make the mistake of trusting the wrong person again, and getting Sara hurt. I can't let them hurt Sara, I just can't.  

By the way my name's Mason, and I'm a teenager from a line of shitty foster homes. My little sister Sara is 5, and is the reason I kept going. That little girl is my everything. I love her to death. We used to be in a foster home before this apocalypse; an abusive one... My foster dad told us when we ran out of the house (that walkers were beginning to flood), that he would live, and come find us; to punish us for what we did. And I can't lie that terrified me, and my sister both. It still scares me, giving me nightmares today.

So as far back as I can remember, I was still at "home" with my foster mom, and foster dad. I've always been in shitty foster homes though so whatever. It's not like I really ever listened to my new 'parents' anyways. And with Sara too of course. Our foster dad used to hit me, and Sara. Well he only ever hit Sara once because, I never let him lay a finger on her since that day.

We were happy at first (I guess) until I was about 7, and ½, when my actual mom had my little sister, and decided to give her up too. I remember being soo excited to see her more often having someone to play with you know? That always would have little kids excited. But, now I see that that's when my life went to hell.  

My foster mom used to love me to death,& care for me more then anything; now she just acts as if she hates me. I think she does really, and truly hate me. But sometimes I don't know if she does or not but when she does acknowledge me but, it sure seems like it. My foster dad begin hitting me. They used to love, and care for me but, when Sara came it was just too much for them. She got loved, and cared for while I on the other hand, I got hit, and ignored as the outcome. 

At first I think I kinda hated Sara. Well I can't even say kinda, I did. I hated her, I hated my little sister, Sara. I really did. Even blamed all of that on her but, in reality it wasn't her fault. It wasn't mine ethier, it was their own doing. I first realized how much that little girl cared for me when she placed herself in front of me,& in between my foster dad's fist.  

That day I vowed after she got hit, that I would love, and care for her since no one else would. Because once my foster dad started in on you once you were lucky if you mattered to anyone in that house. I took on a lot of responsibilities that only an adult should have probably. I know I'm only a teenager but, I had to learn to act like I'm twice my age just so me, and Sara could survive. You might say I'm paranoid but, I do what it takes to keep us alive. 

Oh my God... I hear foot steps. I think it's them. I just have to keep calm, and remember do whatever it takes to keep us alive. Because as long as Sara's okay and I'm alive that's all that matters... That's all I need to go on. Even if the world's ending, that doesn't matter. Without sara there's not a chance I'd survive out there on my own.

I know you're probably being a smart-ass and thinking hey don't you need oxygen more then her well I'm saying that besides basic needs I need her and she is just as important to me as the oxygen I need to breathe. Well wish me luck because here they come...