Chapter 13: Tragedies Happen

Amy's POV

All the guys think I'm still all touchy about the subject of Matt Johnson, (Yeah I guess that's his last name according to Mason who shares the last name with him). But the truth is I'm not. That is exactly why I'm taking Mason out with me to pick axe, and burn the son of a bitch. Mason agreed instantly, and of course asked, "You alright Amy?". Trying to be a good person, and all of course he would ask that. Anymore he's like a little brother to me, and I feel like an older sister; just how I wanted it.

I said, "Yep. Don't listen to everything you hear kiddo. I'm just fucking fine. I'll be even better after we smash this bastard's head in, and burn whatever the hell is left. How about you?".

He replies shakily, "I'll be okay," tears begin to trail down his face but he still continues through his tears, "I mean I have to be okay for Sara's sake. She can't see me like this Amy... But yeah. I just gotta help you do this, and I'll be just fine.".

He wasn't full out bawling... yet. I could tell he needed to get it out though. I mean trust me being the leader of this group, he definitely wasn't the only one. I told him gently, "It's okay just let out. I know I've been holding back the water works myself. It sucks trying to when you know you can't. I won't tell the other if you don't Mason. Okay?". I begin to cry myself as he nodded yes. Then we just held eachother, and let it all out. Cursing, and crying, all of it; we got it over with so we could just move on.

So yeah after we got it all out crying wise, we said every cuss word there ever was (and I think discovered some new terms from my days the 2010's, and onwards, and his now days). We sat next to eachother, and took a deep breath. Then we dragged Matt's body out back where no one ever goes. I know they'll think we went out in the woods because we both love the woods, and forests. It's kinda our element you know?

So we bashed Matt's head in, and then some. We broke about every bone in his body. Then we made him look like the fucking monster me, and Mason both know Matt was. I soaked his lifeless body with gasoline, so he would really light up. But I sure as hell didn't waste any or use too much because, honestly he's not worth wasting fuel. Then Mason lit a match, and dropped it on to that bastard's body as I said, "Good riddance bastard. See you in hell.".

Mason said, "Yep see you in hell you son of a bitch.". We sat down then, and just figured hell let em' find us, and drag us back. Then we found some blankets, and pillows. Made some make-shift beds, so we could be relaxed, and comfortable finally (for once) as watched his lifeless body burn. But then again I'm not sure that thing (aka Matt) was even ever human enough to be alive let alone dead. It makes you question the difference between walkers, and people, the survivors.

We awoke to screams, and I instantly grabbed my two specially made Japanese katana sword. Tossed one to Mason so he was armed, & stupid as you might say this desicion was we headed straight in the direction of the blood curdling screams.

I walked into the shop, and it looked like a scene straight out of your favorite slasher film. Blood was everywhere. A walker was in the corner of the room eating someone alive. Their body was still twitching. Oh my gawd those dark blue eyes. I've known them practically my whole life, always reminded me of the sky at midnight on a late summer night. I can't believe my eyes its him. It's really him, and he's alive. He's alive...