Chapter15: Secrets....

Amy's POV

So by now most of the world is at the beginning of the apocalypse. Walkers are over running almost everything. We need to get gas, and get moving! Especially if we want to find Ryan's brother; Dylan alive.

So I tell Ryan, & RJ to go get gas. Ryan holds out his hand for the money to buy it, and I laugh. I high five his hand, and say, "Bro apocalypse going on... We don't need to pay.". He nervously scratches the back of his head, and tells us, "Oh, right.". Everyone continues to laugh at him until I said, "Hey give the kid a break all right? ".

Jonah, Kyle & I laugh as RJ put his hand around Ryan's shoulder, and says, "Don't worry Amy, I'll show him how its done.".

Ryan is obviously very confused, and he asks him, "How what's done?". RJ laughs for awhile before replying.

RJ finally tells him, "You know; how to be a criminal. You already put a kid in a comma. And I heard you killed a guy, shot him in the head twice. Same spot. You have style kid, I'm just gonna give you a fresher set of skills.".

WHAT?! What did RJ just say???? Oh my god... I can't believe what I'm hearing. Ryan's a criminal. Ryan Prix is a criminal. And he put someone on a comma... But before I can even say a word RJ's tossed the keys to the truck, and they're both out the door. Dammit... I knew I had a bad feeling about letting him join us, and giving him a gun. I should've never gave him that damn gun.... Because symbolically that gun symbolized trust, my trust in him specifically. So that gun is what started it all.

Ryan Prix did do something right though. He's not a completely horrible person I guess you know? He saved Jenna though. If Ryan didn't I would've had to shoot her. She is one of my best friends. I couldn't of done that. Plus I'd be dead, or worse, (wayyyy worse) if he never shot Matt Johnson.

|20 minutes later |

I instantly go over to RJ, and ask what happened with Ryan. He tells me the whole deal. The truth, and that's why I love RJ, and he's my brother. At the end he looks at me, and then says, "Amy I know what you're thinking. Ryan... He's not a bad kid. He just met the real world, and got a little tougher, and a little harder. And just a tad bit colder in the end.".

•In the end• I thought to myself... •In the end... So many things can happen, and there are so many outcomes. Many bad, and a few good. In the end I guess that's what matters most. What happens in the end because in the end is where you find the truth. So in the end is what matters in fact the most, and more than anything...•.

I nod, and reply a few minutes later out of the I-could-hear-a-pin-drop-in-here-its-so-quiet silence, "I know he's a good kid I'm just glad to hear he has what takes to survive out here; that's all.". He smiles, and goes over to Ryan to tell him the good news. Ryan smiles, and suddenly hugs me out of nowhere.

I'm surprised at first, and just let him hug me. He suddenly says to me, "Thank you Amy.".

Then I question, "For what Ryan?". He smiles at me, and finally lets he go.

As he walks away he answers me by simply saying, "For understanding me, my story, and the what, and whys of what I did.". I smile back at his reply, and think to myself •Everybody has a secret Ryan. Even me, Amy Hall; FBI agent extraordinaire. So you're not alone in the battle of keeping one.•.