Getting Even (mini series part 2)

This is in continuation of Haq (2). You guys made me do it...naughty Murtasim coming right up 😉😉😉

I would recommend reading the previous chapter if you haven't already :)

**************

"Ji Maa...bas ek important kaam tha. Abhi chalta hoon.....wapas aake kuch hisaab settle karne baki hai" Murtasim said to his mother, while he stared at Meerab issuing a warning that he would settle scores with her later.

Meerab gulped at his veiled threat. The way he looked at her before leaving didn't bode well for her. He was very competitive and would do something crazy enough to get even with her. The question was, what would he do? He had too many options now as she had taken the first step and kissed him. It wasn't the first time they had kissed, and she remembered his warning from last time. He had said he would take what he wanted if she bent the rules, and today, she had initiated the kiss. Sure, he had kissed her back. He always reciprocated when she got close to him, but he had never initiated anything... because the contract was still there.

Meeeab had been testing the waters lately, exploring the intimacy between then through small touches, shared looks, and a few kisses. The kisses had left her wanting for more.. each touch lighting fire under her skin. Her desire for him growing every day. It was all his fault! if only he wasn't this good-looking or the smallest of things about his appearance weren't appealing to her, but no, he had to go around looking all handsome and manly. And there were his eyes.. the way he looked at her, he would devour her whole. A shiver ran through her as she remembered the way his eyes heated up when she wore a particular color or got too close. Maybe... it wouldn't be too bad if he settled score with her. She didn't realize she was smiling until Maa Begum asked, "kya baat hai Meerab bibi? Yuhi muskura rahi ho?

Meerab shook her head, trying to get rid of her errant thoughts. No, no... she didn't want him to be even with her. She was going to avoid him. That's the best thing. She wasn't a coward to back out of fight, but Murtasim was a worthy apponennt. He was as stubborn as her and wouldn't let it go, but she was Meerab, loosing wasn't an option.

By evening, Meerab's plan was set. She had convinced Marium to watch a movie at home, which would take her away post dinner. There was no way Murtasim would join them to watch a rom-com. That left dinner, and he would hardly do anything in front of the family.

She was getting ready for dinner when Murtasim strode in their bedroom. Meerab's hand paused mid brush as he came in, her eyes following his movements through the mirror. She was expecting him to take a move considering that they were alone in the room, but he simply walked in the shower with a smile at her.

Meerab was confused. Why didn't he make a move? She was still standing in front of the mirror, lost in thoughts when he came out and stood behind her. "Kis soch me khoyi ho?" He asked startling her.

"Kuch bhi to nahi" she said, ready to move away the minute he tried something, but he didn't do anything!

"Chalein phir? Sab wait kar rahe hain" he said, pointing towards the door.

She nodded. They walked to the dining room together, and he maintained the usual distance between them. She knew he would retaliate, Murtasim didn't issue idle threats. The wait for his move was making her anxious. As they approached the table, he guided her to the chair with his hand at the small of her back. The action innocent enough didn't draw attention from anyone, but his hand lingered, and then he withdrew it slowly, tracing her waistline suggesstivly. Meerab shivered from the touch, her skin heating up. She sat down quickly, less he tried something else.

As the food was served, she concentrated on her plate. Stealing glances at Murtasim he was talking to Maa Begum about today's panchayat. Relived that his attention was diverted, Meerab settled to enjoy the meal. A few minutes into the conversation, Murtasim gripped her knee and gave a quick squeeze, causing her to choke on the bite of food. She coughed trying to dislodge the bite of food, Murtasim calmly patted her back and offered her water as the discomfort went away. "Dhyan se Meerab...tum theek ho ab?" He asked.