Thirty Two

a/n: SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY GUYS LOL

btw story is ending quite soon so please give me any suggestions on new stories you would like to see! :)

The days usually pass fast whilst working as it is all a routine I have gotten used to, but today it seemed to go exceptionally slow. Especially when I looked over at Ghost and Lola having a conversation. Time froze when I saw it.

My blood boiled slightly seeing Lola being so nice to Ghost like she did with any male friend or boyfriend I had, eventually stealing them away and dumping them for another man later on, them not wanting to be near me because of her. A lump in my throat formed from remembering it, thinking of Ghost being one of the many people to end up leaving me, but I swallowed it down as I kept taking orders with a smile on my face.

Seeing them close made me feel uneasy, it made my stomach churn in the bad way and it made me feel like I was trapped, I had to watch them bond. I knew she would only take him away, so why did I care so much?

Because Ghost cares about me. Now? He's getting played by Lola and then I won't see him again, as per usual.

As the day finishes up, I see them still chatting. To think that Lola has a modelling career that she was meant to do made me doubt myself as to why she even came to the town in the first place. As if she had a feeling that I had found someone new, that I could finally be happy. Then, she just appears. Like usual, she ends up happy and I end up alone. That was how it always was until she left for a wider career.

There are four people in the shop; me, Riley, Ghost and Lola. Their conversation is a blur to me as I've learnt throughout the day to channel it out. I lean on the counter and scroll on my phone, glancing at them from time to time.

However, every time I glanced, I saw Lola beginning to get closer.

Her movements got a lot more flirtatious and I could tell by the way she spoke that she was trying to strike a crack into him, to get him to be wrapped around her finger. I just prayed that Ghost was stronger than that.

I bite my tongue and furrow my eyebrow, wondering whether I should go over there. To say something, to hear his voice, to make me feel known. And so, I do.

I flip the trapdoor connecting to the counter, seperating the seating area and the workspace, and walk over to them slowly. I hear their conversation clearer and her laughs echo throughout my mind.

"Hey you guys, do you need any drinks at all? We're closing soon." I awkwardly say, standing to the side of them. It takes Ghost not longer than a second to acknowledge me but Lola? Ghost had to tell her to stop talking to get her to look over at my awkwardly, shyly smiling face.

"Oh no, y/n. Erm, we don't need anything. Go away, shoo!" Lola hisses sarcastically, with a disgusted look on her face. I furrow my eyebrow at her attitude and give her an equally as nasty look before walking off, with Ghost seeing how appauled I was.

As I walk off, I hear Lola's tone change into a happy one once more, then she gets quieter.

I turn around and I see Lola's face pressed against Ghost's.