Ch. 25: Ṛ̷̪̌̚ě̷͓ͅṣ̴̛̂u̷̓͜r̵̢̎́r̵̳̔e̷͇͛͝c̸̪̉͘t̶͓́ĭ̸̗o̶̙̐ǹ̴̝

TW: "The following chapter contains topics that might not be suitable for all audiences such as gore like depictions of children as well as murder, and discussions of death with children"

(Y/n) sat in her office, unable to get much work done was joy's video ran through her mind over and over. She held her head in her hands leaning over her desk with his voice echoing. That was disturbed when the door to her office opened, nearly causing the young scientist to jump out of her skin.

"I didn't mean to spook you." Wally walked in with two mugs in his hand, his own and one for her. "I thought I'd pay you a visit. You've been isolating yourself lately."

As he approached her desk she gave whatever smile she could muster in that moment, questioning everything she knew about him.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. I needed another cup."

"I know, you're like me. You can't function without it." He placed the cup down in front of her then leaned up against her desk. "I've noticed you've been a bit down too."

Every hair rose on her body, oh god did he know? Could he know? There was no way he could have found out.

"What makes you say that?" (Y/n) picked up the coffee and sipped on it, the warmth of it did help.

"We're together now, I can pick up on these things." He sighed, "I know you miss Joy. I know you two were good friends, even if that bastard was a pain in my ass."

She took his suspicions and ran with them, "Yeah, you're right. I didn't want to say anything about it, but Joy was a good friend of mine."

"He also helped save your life during that surgery. I can't be too sour about him." Wally took a sip from his coffee, staring at the wall. "I'll find a new head doctor for us, besides you don't need him anyway, you have me. I'd never up and leave with you around."

He placed a hand on her head and ruffled her hair a bit. (Y/n) smiled a bit shoving him away.

"Appreciated, Boss."

Wally chuckled a bit, "Don't you dare call me boss. Actually, don't ever revert back to Mr. Darling either."

"And what should I call you then," (Y/n) leaned on her elbow with a smirk on her face.

"Your majesty sounds nice."

She gave him a playful nudge, "Get lost."

The scientist laughed a bit at her, "Fine fine fine, I have work to do anyway."

"Work?"

"I'll be leaving the building today to meet with investors. They want to throw a lot of money into this project and the least I can do is go to them. It's not too far and I'll be gone for a few hours."

She could only think of snooping around while he was gone, but hid her eagerness, "I can't promise this place wont catch on fire."

"Oh I know, but I trust you regardless."

Wally leaned forward caressing her face with his cold metallic hand before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Take care of things around here till I get back. I'll have my phone handy, alright?"

She nodded, "Alright, I'll keep you updated."                                                      

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Wally sat during his meeting with two other investors. The two men wore suits and were engaging in serious conversation with Wally until his phone began to ring.