Chapter 19

Unfortunately the children's escape attempt was unsuccessful...

Now it is the next morning...
Lurch is at the wheel of the Addams family car.

Driving through the gates of this rustic-style summer camp, through an archway with a sign which reads 'CAMP CHIPPEWA', spelled out in twigs and pine cones.

Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday and Pugsley and you all sit in the back of the car, looking out the windows at the camp.

Morticia sighs "Camp Chippewa, isn't that charming."

"What's a Chippewa?" Pugsley asks, both confused and curious.
"It's an old Indian word." Gomez answers his son.

Wednesday leans over to you and her brother, "It means 'orphan.'" You briefly stop carefully cleaning your dagger, and Pugsley slumps back in his seat nervously.

Parents are driving up in a variety of cars and vans, children are everywhere.

The Addams Towncar pulls up, and everyone steps back.

Lurch opens the car door and You, Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday and Pugsley emerge. You all watch by another family...
the Buckmans.

Don and Ellen buckman are typical, pushy, status-obsessed yuppie parents, and beside them is their spoiled, princess-y, 12-year-old daughter, Amanda.

Gomez takes a deep breath
"Fresh air! The scent of pine!" He exclaims, to a normal person, he would seem happy, he was not.

Gomez hands Pugsley a cigar to light.

Morticia puts her hands on Wednesday's shoulders "Wednesday, look at all the other children. Their freckles, their bright little eyes, their eager, friendly smiles."

You felt the need to ask "Are they sick?"
"They're Diseased." Wednesday answers with disdain.
Amanda Buckman stares at the Addamses.

"Help them." Morticia whispers.

"Hi! I'm Amanda Buckman." The girl introduces to you with a smile, and then she looks Wednesday un and down. "Why are you dressed like that?" She asks with a hint of disdain.

"Like what?" Wednesday blankly questions the colorful girl.
"Like you're going to a funeral. Why are you dressed like somebody died?"

Wednesday looks Amanda dead in the eyes. "Wait."

"Are you diseased?"

Amanda looks at you like you're crazy. "What..?"

"Hi. Don Buckman." the man introduces himself to Gomez, "Isn't this place something else? Very exclusive."
"Really?" Gomez questions, acting as if he's actually happy to talk to this... family.

"A kid has to be extra special to get in here, Gifted, Exceptional, Our Amanda has already skipped two grades. How about your boys?" Don asks, looking at you helping Pugsley tie a rope on a tree to swing on, by the neck...

Gomez gesters Pugsley over, and proudly places his hands on Pugsley's shoulders "Probation."

"War." Was your answer.

Don gave a clearly fake friendly smile, and walked away.

Don's wife, Ellen is speaking to Morticia. "We just love Chippewa. Amanda couldn't wait, it's all she talked about, she's got a whole new wardrobe." The woman bragged, before looking at Wednesday. "And this little lady?"
"Oh Wednesday's at that very special age, when a girl has only one thing on her mind." Morticia smiles.

Ellen kneels beside Wednesday. "Boys?"

"Homicide."