Chapter 7: the party

Scar

Scar flew home on Jimmy's back. He had no idea why he was leaving. Those people were robbing a bank! But something told him to leave. It was pulling him in the other direction. It told him to leave. Something in his head told him he would hurt someone he loved if he didn't. Something told him it wasn't worth fighting. He gave into it.

On the ride back, Scar thought he saw parrot wings. A flash of color in the night sky. He could barely make it out as it sped past him.

He arrived back at his apartment shortly after. Walking up to room 302, he opened the door quietly. He didn't want to wake Grian if he was asleep.

Tiptoeing past Grian's room, Scar saw a sleeping avian form. He must have just gone on a fly. He was holding it in for me. How sweet.

Scar went to his own room and fell asleep.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Grian

The villain opened his eyes and stretched. He was so full of energy after last night. So excited for the next chance he had to be a true villain. To be as chaotic as he wanted.

Scar was already up and had his favourite cereal ready for him.

He must feel bad I was kidnapped on his watch.

Scar tried to start a conversation, but Grian was 'late for work'.

"G? You okay? I saw you flying last night."

Grian shovelled cereal into his mouth while mumbling "I'm running late! Can I talk to you later?"

Scar sighed. He wanted answers now.

"You don't have to hold it in for me. I'm a hero. I can handle it."

Grian fixed his hair and ran towards the door.

"Thanks Scar, but this isn't the best time!"

Scar thought that something was wrong, but decided to question him after he got back.

I should go to the HQ. Ren will cover for me.

He landed in an alleyway. Grian had to be careful no one spotted him. After all, a secret headquarters is supposed to be secret.

He ducked behind the dumpster and entered the code on the hidden panel. A door swung open.

Safe at last, the villain stopped sneaking.

Grian needed to find Ren and ask him if he could cover for him.

Grian walked around HQ. He needed to find Ren. It was the only way he'd be able to sneak off and be a villain. If he told Scar he worked at the coffee shop.

After checking the whole of the villain's base, Grian knocked on Ren's private room. Impulse opened the door.

"Hi G!. We're having a party"

Grian, confused, thought something was up.

"Why in Ren's room? What did you do?"

Impulse looked shady.

"I went to Ren's quest."

Grian sighed. Of course he did this using Ren's own system against him.

"And it said 'throw a party'. Do you want to be chaos with me?"

Grian's eyes sparkled.

"Can I? Can I?"

He sounded like an excited child. Impulse was glad for the help. Parties are a lot of work.

"Sure! The decorations and party favors are over there."

Grian looked over at the pile of streamers and Ren's diamonds. Chaos!

A few hours later, they had finished setting up. Impulse sent Grian to sneakily send out the invitations. He even enlisted the help of Gem and Pearl. He was a honorary member of the soup group, after all.

People had all arrived in X costumes. It was hilarious to see X confusedly walk in and look at the 20 or so of him.

"Let's party!" Impulse called out.

Everyone grabbed their party favours and danced, waiting for Ren to come in to see his reaction.

Suddenly, Ren opened the door to his room.

"Why are you having a party in my privatest of areas?!"